Cool abandoned buildings to use as a backdrop for car pics

• Sponsors (?)

This one looks pretty good for pictures with cars. It's in Linfield, PA. It's also near Pennhurst(pictures in the fox resto thread.)
View attachment 306306
View attachment 306307
0000001710.jpg

I'd bet the neighborhood of those $1,200 houses ain't too friendly. Probably a lot of crackheads roaming about. And, at least down here, tweakers and crackheads tend to gravitate towards neighborhoods with a lot of abandoned houses, especially in the wake of the whole mortgage crisis where people just pulled up stakes and bailed. These junkies will absolutely destroy a house, strip it of all its wiring and plumbing for recycling money, and then start messing with the houses nearby that are still occupied. :nonono:

Got dark on me tonight so i couldnt get to the slaughterhouse but i will try to get some pics of it tomorrow night. There are some old graveyards around here, ill get some shots of them if i can.
BTW - with the help of one of the mod's i finally got back into my very old account! when i logged in it told me my last visit was 9-21-00! heh. Man, i didnt realize that ive been using this site that long!

I'd bet the neighborhood of those $1,200 houses ain't too friendly. Probably a lot of crackheads roaming about. And, at least down here, tweakers and crackheads tend to gravitate towards neighborhoods with a lot of abandoned houses, especially in the wake of the whole mortgage crisis where people just pulled up stakes and bailed. These junkies will absolutely destroy a house, strip it of all its wiring and plumbing for recycling money, and then start messing with the houses nearby that are still occupied. :nonono:

Yep - right on. It's sad though. There are some amazing buildings on the east side that are just crumbling away. Some of these houses were jewels back in the day.
We're talking huge houses!
View attachment 306290
View attachment 306291
View attachment 306292

I believe that is still standing. I'll take a trip up and scope out the location :nice:

EDIT: :(

The Metropolitan Hotel was a 180-room historic structure located at 309 Asbury Avenue in Asbury Park, New Jersey and was one of the last large hotels operating in Asbury Park before it closed in 1989. In September 2007, it was announced that the Metropolitan Hotel had deteriorated to a point in which restoration or rehabilitation was no longer a possibility. The hotel was demolished in early March of 2008.​