Cool abandoned buildings to use as a backdrop for car pics

• Sponsors (?)

Don't forget Detroit! Here is the old Michigan Central Depot....
02.jpg

Ther are quite a few other pics of existing "Old" buildings in Detroit here... Forgotten Detroit

yeh that part of Buffalo that empty is bigger than the town i live in. There is an old coal temple in Muddy and a partaly abandoned russan (sp) orthodox church that ive been in, it has a flag old enough that its missing a few stars. ill see i if i cant get some pics.

I found something in PA for 25th, 90 coupe and I to do a shoot. I'm gonna pass on posting the name of the location for the time being tho. It's legal to be in there, but questionable for pics. If we don't hit asbury park, this looks like the place..

View attachment 305844
View attachment 305845
View attachment 305846
View attachment 305847
file.php

FWIW, it's another semi abandoned asylum. Thanks to PAexplorations, Krush and ElPeecho for pics..

100_05041.jpg

at one time this was the smallest post office in the country. they moved a moble home type office in accros the street from it. But it is abandoned so i guess it counts

View attachment 305629
This use to be where they loaded coal onto trains when the coal mines were there. Its state property now and they will bust yo ass if they catch you there.
Im guessing that its 80-100 years old and will probably last another 80 if its not knocked down first.

I would LOVE to get a pic of either of my cars in front of these houses. :hail2:

Rose Red aka Thornwood Castle
View attachment 305285

Hey, that looks familiar! (I live just down the road)
The only catch is that to get in you have to stay at their B&B and it is not cheap.
You can barely see it from the road now and .the family that owns it also has been selling off their land so a lot of houses have sprung up all around.
The house does look like that though!

I just recently found this place in Bridgeport...

It's called Pleasure Beach Island: here are the pics. Pleasure Beach Bridgeport, Ct. - a set on Flickr

I live right near there (about a mile away). There has not been motor vehicle assess to it since the bridge that provided the only motor vehicle access burned down in 1995. It is a pennisula that extends out into Bridgeport Harbor with half in Bridgeport and half in Stratford. On the Stratford side (called Long Beach West), there are about 40 abandoned cottages. On the Bridgeport side (called Pleasure Beach) is an abandoned amusement park. All of this is visible in the pictures in the link. You either have to walk across the land bridge or go by boat. My dad and I took a walk out there last year to check everything out. If you go up to the cottages to look around, you take the chance on getting a ticket for trespassing because the area is video monitored. As far as I know, you can still walk along the beach. Earlier this year three of the cottages burned down. I know the guy that called it in to the police. He was walking down the beach at the time. They thanked him by giving him a ticket for tresspassing.

The Stratford side (Long Beach West) is currently the subject of debate in Stratford. The town wants to sell it to make it a wildlife sanctuary. It is going to a vote in November.