Cool video of fun day, and pics.

mob said:
Yea i remember that thread. Only thing I was trying to say was that even though your car may have stock parts it still has ALOT more work done to it then mine, youve gotten the most out of your stock parts. Vavles in the heads, cobra intake, the stock cam itself isnt bad, all the bolt ons, my car has no bolt ons besides an hpipe. So your car may be stock parts but its stock parts to its top potential. And of course the driving skill cant even compare, id probably run a low 13 in your car lol. But dont get me wrong, I have much respect for you and what youve done with you car, for me, i do what I can afford to mine and ill be satisfied getting a 12.99 with the heads.

Thats true, but back in my bolt on days, I had no cam, no MAF, no head work at all, and all the accessories including AC and smog, and went 13.0 @ 103 with a 1.75 60'. :D That was with a motor blowing smoke and using a quart of oil every 100 miles... The car runs alright right now but has a lot more in it (too bad I plan to boost the motor).

Its all in fun, tracks, mods everything plays a huge roll. One car might be faster but there is ALWAYS a reason. This is why I love heads up racing, give everyone the same mods and see what happens!

Also that 13.3 is a good place to start. I was in the 13.2s and ended the season with a 13.0 changing nothing. With the head change 12s should be easy, and probably mid 12s when everything is said and done!

• Sponsors (?)

25thmustang said:
Thats true, but back in my bolt on days, I had no cam, no MAF, no head work at all, and all the accessories including AC and smog, and went 13.0 @ 103 with a 1.75 60'. :D That was with a motor blowing smoke and using a quart of oil every 100 miles... The car runs alright right now but has a lot more in it (too bad I plan to boost the motor).

Its all in fun, tracks, mods everything plays a huge roll. One car might be faster but there is ALWAYS a reason. This is why I love heads up racing, give everyone the same mods and see what happens!

Also that 13.3 is a good place to start. I was in the 13.2s and ended the season with a 13.0 changing nothing. With the head change 12s should be easy, and probably mid 12s when everything is said and done!
So in your opinion could I run a 13 sec pass with the mods in my sig, remember im on street tires.

25thmustang said:

I really have nothing to say about that 103mph on stock motor lol, thats just very rare. Props to ya though. And I know with some practice I could get the time down, that was my first time out with the new mods and I really havent raced my car that much too have too much expierence. And my tranny is on my way out, that 13.3 was granny shifting 4th gear. No excuses though, im happy with what I run. Maybe ill get a shifter after the heads and see if that helps my shifting problems, stock shifter = teh lose.

cobra2798 said:
So in your opinion could I run a 13 sec pass with the mods in my sig, remember im on street tires.

Before my intake, I ran a 13.8@99mph on almost bald street tires with a 2.0 60' We have about the same mods as said before, 13's should be no problem on street tires, powershifting and a good launch.

my next track meet on Nov. 25 I hope to knock at least 1.4 seconds off of my time. Last time I went over the summer ran a [email protected] with 2.3xx 60ft on **** street tires. Hopefully I'll be able to pull off some 2.1s and then if I have my blower install done by then, I want to run a mid 13 on these tires or better.

You would def run better, and even better with the GT40Ps. Just remember dont give up to soon. My dads GT40P car ran 12.9-13.0 on its first passes at 105. Got that exact combo to go 12.11 @ 110 before changing anything drastic.

25thmustang said:
You would def run better, and even better with the GT40Ps. Just remember dont give up to soon. My dads GT40P car ran 12.9-13.0 on its first passes at 105. Got that exact combo to go 12.11 @ 110 before changing anything drastic.

Yea thats good, and before I did the intake, I got 101mph, the best I could do with the intake is 100mph. So If I can powershift 4th there is more mph to be gained with my combo as is.

oh yea mob if u wanna fix that hoodgap u can slightly loosen the two bolts on the hood latch, and slowly push it down, then try closing it to see how much it moved. Be careful when closing it tho, make sure it doesnt hit anything.

mkk50 said:
oh yea mob if u wanna fix that hoodgap u can slightly loosen the two bolts on the hood latch, and slowly push it down, then try closing it to see how much it moved. Be careful when closing it tho, make sure it doesnt hit anything.

thanks but ive tried that, ive lowered the hatch to the point where the hook can only latch on to the "reserve" latch and it still has a gap. Its not the latch or the stopers.

InfraRed said:
i tried..... i blew the welds on the intake :shrug:
:lol: Speaking of shifting civics, how's the shifter in that car? Is it stock or do they make some type of aftermarket deal? My buddy has a b-18 v-tak swapped civic and it's the worst feeling shifter I've ever felt. It's about 392482374987234 times worse than a stock rustang shifter. I don't know how he does it, but he still manages to power shift it pretty decent. Is there any decent aftermarket options out there?