Coolant leak from intake, need to replace

str8stang036

Dec 28, 2002
Miami
Hello everyone, I usually don't post here, but it seems I have a problem. I have a 2001 GT and the crappy plastic intake is leaking coolant big time. I have to refill the fluid every day or two. My question is what intake do I replace it with a PI or non-PI? Its stock and I have no plans for upgrades, its DD. I am not familiar with the type of heads I have thats why I ask whether PI or non-PI

Jose

• Sponsors (?)

Chances are that the gasket is blown. No big deal. Replace it yourself for $25 or pay someone $200 to do it for you. Our stock manifolds are crap. At least you have the aluminum crossover.

If you are near Colorado, I'll do it for $100. I have an extra set of new gaskets laying around.

On Edit: I know a woman down in Orlando that knows Mustang guys. PM me and maybe I can hook you up with someone down there to help you out.

Thanks everyone for the response. I think I am going to swap it out for a new one. I can do the work myself. Thanks again.

Again, it might not be the intake but instead a blown gasket. I would try that first and see if that fixes it. Best to replace the cheapest part first. Either way, you'll still have to change out the gaskets. You won't need to replace the upper gasket, that's reusable.

I have a link in my sig from when I replaced my manifold, if that helps.