Coolest 12 year old kid I ever met.

mustangphil

Founding Member
Jul 9, 2002
No longer The Beach
So with my regular job being very slow I started working at a local tire shop as a salesman, but today I was helping out guys in the shop. I had my car's front jacked up in front of the shop so I could measure the rotors and this kid comes around and starts complementing my car. He says how he can't wait to get a license and has it all planned out in his head what he wants, loves fox body. Then he looks under the car and says "You're runnng long tubes with O/R h pipe, I bet it sounds really good" He pretty much pointed out every visible mod on my car and asked what else was done to it. So then I ask him how old he is and if his brother or someone in the family is into Stangs. "I'm 12 and my dad has an '05 GT" Then he asks me questions about my rear, "is it 8.8, what gears are you running" then "you smoked any rice lately?" Made fun of ricers and how stupid their cars looked. It made me feel really good about the complements, but more so that at his age he knew what he did and appriciates true American muscle and heritage. Thought I'd share.

• Sponsors (?)

My oldest is turning 12 next week and is already begging me for my car when he turns 16. I am not giving in at this point in time, but I should be able to buy another car in 2009 when our van is paid off. Hmmmm. Its great to see your kids taking an interest in the sport/hobby of cars/mustangs. I take my boys, 12 and 8 with me to cruises and shows during the summer when I am off work. My 8 yr old is kinda short and I usually hold him up to see inside the cars.

Kids Rock!!!

Flavadave4 said:
...so there might be a future left for the foxes!

I am so effin tired of hearing and reading about the 05-06 mustangs.

Blah
Agreed.
No disrespect to those that own, or have aspirations of owning one. However, I'm not a big fan of the '05's and can't understand all the hype. Just me. :shrug:
Mind you, a well fabricated custom '05 may be a different story.:nice: Off the factory floor....I'll stick with my fox. ;)

bottlfed92 said:
Agreed.
No disrespect to those that own, or have aspirations of owning one. However, I'm not a big fan of the '05's and can't understand all the hype. Just me. :shrug:
Mind you, a well fabricated custom '05 may be a different story.:nice: Off the factory floor....I'll stick with my fox. ;)

yeah thats exactly it......I am not a hater of the 05, but for gods sake don't forget about the rest of us:nonono:

My son knows Stangs. His uncle owns a Roush and thats all he talks about. Hes always telling me what to do to my car. LOL He's 14 but has been into Stangs since birth. LOLLLLLLLLLL He wants my car too. Even tho it's not in the best shape. (Damn deer...) He sees beyong the wreckage like I do.:shrug:

sounds like me.. (15).. especially if they stop by and ask about the car.. my ma calls me down and i talk to em.. i know more about mustangs than my dad does (admitted).. hes a parts manager for 10 years.. ford man for 22 years lol usually i'll see a nice car and talk to the guy.. they always think im older and are amazed that im 15.. and especially since i go to this rich catholic annoying school, they expect me to drive a bimmer

18 yrs old, and im keepin my fox! my father raised me around cars, first old air cooled porsches, and then he went back to his roots and bought a '67 GT 500. i've always gone to car shows...i have gasoline in my blood. I'm the only guy at my school rockin' a real fox (not a vert 4cyl)....it's depressing. don't worry though, im with you guys on the fight against rice....i love tearin' those kids apart when they can't tell an air conditioner compressor from a turbo ;) why own a car when you dont know jack about it?

My dad has a 86 3/4 ton chev pick that sits on 35, and one day he had pretty much the whole back half of the truck apart. bed was off gas tanks etc
all that was left was suspension and diff.
he was working on a gear swap when this women with a 4 year old kid walks by and the kid came up top my dad to look at what hes doing.and he friken understood the basics of how gear turn and stuff, i was blown away!

I was exactly like that when I was twelve. One day when I was about 10 or 11 I asked my older brother what he was doing while he had the P.A.W catalog open building his next engine and then I asked him how an engine worked and he explained it to me and I was hooked. Been wrenching on, driving, racing, and breaking them ever since. When I could finally drive, it never mattered what car I had at the time, I was always trying to make it faster much to my parents dismay. Gotta love it.

I'm 18, and I've already owned 3 mustangs, 91 gt(sold), 89 lx, and fully restored restomodded 66 coupe. All built by me. There is no better feeling then when your buddy who"just got my 100 shot istalled in on my 'lude" challenges you to a race, and you smoke through 1st and 2nd gear and still roast him. "Hey man, I know what your problem is, YOUR MISSING FOUR CYLINDERS!!!"

My G/Fs Friend came over one day and brought her Son, he is 9 or 10 and he asked me if I had seen that silly Ricer movie and said he cant wait to drive and use NOSS, I almost shot myself!!!