coolest 77 in town

Markysinatra

Jun 1, 2004
buffalo ny
well guys I finally got a II of my own after years of searching.
A 77 t top red real nice lookin but needs some work. I will try to get pictures up soon but first I have a few problems I'd like to ask about.

Well first I went to check the oil and the dipstick and tube both came out, then I realized that there wasnt a whole dipstick so I think a piece of it broke off and is in the oil pan...should I pull the motor to take the pan off to get it out or should it be fine? (need a v6 dipstick and tube if anyones sellin)

also I noticed almost like a tube next to the carb about 3/4 inch all bent and is seems to go down by the gas pedal, it was not hooked up to anything by the carb just sittin there, Is that for tyhe choke?

• Sponsors (?)

The dipstick goes in the timing cover so its possible the end broke off as you say. you can use an easy out to try and get the piece out. Just be careful about dropping flakes/chunks into the oil. Then put a new one in coated with Loc-tite, change the oil just in case and wa-la your in business. And congrats on the purchase. :nice:

If you can't get it out with the easy out, you'll have to pull the front cover off the engine and using a dowel type punch and drive it out from the bottom. Kinda a PITA but not one of those repairs you'll have to do, but once. That is unless you're a MONSTER with the dipstick...! :D