COOLING FAN GUYS..........

PIMTOUT

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
kingsford,mi
just got my new rad and dont want to modify the front of my car to fit it with the mark 8 fan...so im sellin the mark 8....and saw these in summit , has anyone seen these b4...looks like they might be the one to use...i loved the air movement of the mark 8 and dont want to lose that...its just to thick,,and its been cut down already.....anyways check these out and let me know what ya think....http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DER-16928&N=400434+115&autoview=sku

• Sponsors (?)

I would suggest against the Black magic fan, my 351w has a hard time keeping cool at idle with this fan setup and currently have a viper fan to take its place. My buddy had the same problem and the viper fan dropped him 20 degrees over the black magic.

The new one might be decent but the old one I could care less for.

If you can find a Volvo fan like the one in the pictures below they work good.(ebay or Corral somethimes) They measure 3.75" thick and fit a stock rad great. Juts trim off all the tabs and it looks factory. Plus the stock over flow bottle can be mounted nicely to it.

I have put a few of these on , and have one for my car when I get that far. Put them a buddies blown 347 and it keeps it cool. And it fits with the 8" renegade lower blower pulley, without trimming the shroud any. Even put one a blow 331, with a Novi 2k with the 10 rib set-up and it fit with out trimming. But even if you have to trim, there is enough material on the shroud, that you could take atleast ann 1/8-1/4 inch without the fan getting to close to the rad..

If you do find one just take off the box that is on the fan and wire a plug on it. Then wire it up with a realy or what ever controler you have..

Attachments

• V-Fan (resized).jpg
    V-Fan (resized).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 870
  • 8in pulley2 (resized).jpg
    8in pulley2 (resized).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 117
Myke86GT said:
Not sure exactly on what cars these fans came off of. But want to say the s-80's or something like that.

Here is a link to an ebay ad with the fans I mentioed above. In the pic the relay or sensor has been taken off arleady. Volvo fan for blown cars
Thank you for the reply. Most of these fans look alike to me (from a pic, I wouldn't know a 4-banger fan from a Volvo or other decent fan), so it's nice to have a reference. :nice: