Corbau Wide Version Seats?

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Tempe, Arizona
Hey guys, Fun Ford Weekend's coming up, and I was looking to throw a new set of front buckets in. Now I'm a bigger sized guy, and was wanting to get the wide versions. I was wondering if anyone runs the wider ones and if they actually Fit without hitting the door panel or e-brake console. Thanks for the help fellas. :)

• Sponsors (?)

I have some Corbeaus in the wide version and they fit fine.

In fact, a local shop in the Atlanta area has all of the Corbeau seats in all sizes in their showroon. Customers can try out each seat and see what fits and/or is comfortable. You might have a dealer in your area with the same setup.

I can post pics if you like, but won't be able to until the weekend. I posted pics a while back and they should still be on here, if you do a search on Corbeau seats.

I sat in some of those seats. I didnt like them at all. I am a skinny kid 32in waist 5'11 175lbs and they were too tight on me. I didnt sit in the microsued's just the regular seats. The material will pill and frey in under 3 months-I work at my families dry cleaners and I know fabrics.

To be honest if I were to do it again I would have either gone the route I went Sparco Torino 2's or I would have gone with the affordable yet durable Summit/Jegs seats.
It comes down to what your going for with the budget you have to work with.

Personally my seats rock. They are not in yet because I am waiting for a carpet but I have been sleeping-yes sleeping! in my passanger seat. Why? Because its my passanger seat and I will never get to enjoy it after I install it. I have it on my bed and I watch F1 races...call me crazy. It is very comfortable and supportive. To someone much larger than my build they may be tight.

Like said above, test every seat you are considering out before you buy. I was so close to getting the Corbeau CR1's without testing them. What a mistake that would have been. From what I have seen if you go with them you are just paying for the name and bragging rights disregarding comfort and functionality.

If you are curious, everything (belts, brackets, seats, shipping) came in at just a bit over $1900-No Regrets.
PM me with any q's and be a dilligent shopper!

I've had the CR1s for almost two years and they've held up pretty good. On the driver's side the faux leather is wearing down a little from getting in and out, but that's expected. My only complaint is that the material is fading. I put new gray covers on them when I got them and now they have a purplish shade to them. Not a big deal cause I'm going to be ordering new black and silver microsuede covers from Corbeau for $129/ea. Recovering them is cheap and pretty easy.

Cool, well my buddy owns All Mustang so I'm sure he'll let me sit in a couple to see if I like them since that's where I'd be getting them from. I might look to cobra seats too. But it's cool I don't have to worry about the ones I'm currently looking at fitting. Thanks guys. :nice:

I've had my Corbeau Legacy's (wide version) for a couple years now and no wear signs at all.

Just finished a 1,300 mile trip and comfort was great as usual. On longer trips in the stock seats, I would often have a slightly sore back. No back issues or fatigue at all with the Legacy seats. Sure is nice not sloshing around in the seat in corners and turns, too.

I'm 6'5" and 250 lbs and my Corbeaus have held up perfectly. Thank God I tested them out, because I could only fit the wide versions of their seats.