Correct me or make fun of this person

D Durden

DEEP FAT FRY
Founding Member
Mar 9, 2000
http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&EntryID=109821&categoryID=20

Um . . . I'm either crazy or this guy should run for some kind of political office. In short, he had a 347 stroker, 10.5:1 with an 18psi supercharger AND 150 hp shot of NO2. I could let it slide save for the fact he runs a "2 speed powerglide". He quotes 737+ rwhp, too.

If I'm crazy for doubting, please slap me around. If I'm NOT, PLEASE go to this board and ridicule this person . . . *sigh

• Sponsors (?)

raph130 said:
You guys are gay and unprofessional. I see nothing wrong with the guys mods. he's making at least 350hp n/a because of the stroked motor, higher compression and ported/polished aluminum heads. Do you know how much power you get at 18psi? cmon do some homework. thats huge. that supercharger is making at least 300hp on top of that a 150hp shot of nos which not only adds hp but cools that air so much it adds a huge amount of power. I have seen stangs running mid 12's n/a and then with a shot of nos run low 11s. The guy has a good setup and should not be made fun of. Sounds to me like a good 7-8 sec mustang. So yeah, im correcting the guy who first posted here. And the rest of you guys making fun of that guy's stang need to grow up and leave the diapers at home...

You may want to do a little research on some engines before you actually post. 18 PSI can be done on a 10.5 compression motor but you would ALWAYS have to run race gas on the car. And there is no way that a 737hp car can push 7-8 second quarter mile unless it weighed 1000lbs.

Running glides at the strip is VERY common especially as power levels go up. When you've got torque you don't need lots of gear or gears.

There's a credible guy on here or corral (can't remember which) who's pushing 900 rwhp in a Foxbody, and it's definitely a street car. He's shooting for 1000 rwhp. Like someone else posted, I suspect the nitrous helps manage detonation with the 10.5:1 and 18 pounds of boost. It's manageable with the right tune.

So, Durden - do you just think he's lying? Why?