could it be the gem??

been doing searches trying to find info and now i have a mindgraine
my power locks do not work but windows do
my map light doesnt work but the dome light does
all fuses are good, could the prob be the gem?
what all does the gem control?
the hatch release only works with key on, is this how it is supposed to be?
what does the color blue taste like?

thanks fellas
whitey

1989 lx 5.0 hatchback

• Sponsors (?)

Find yourself a voltmeter and start testing. I wouldn't be suprised if 90% of the cars on heres map light did not work, they are just not manufactured very well. Mine does not work and has power to it just because its junk and I have swapped it out with 3 different lights only to have each one burn out in a month or so and everyone I know with a Fox in person has no operational Map light. The door lock actuators commonly go out or it could be your switchs, there are numerous write ups all over the internet to include this site. Hatch release should only work with the key on.

been doing searches trying to find info and now i have a mindgraine
my power locks do not work but windows do
my map light doesnt work but the dome light does
all fuses are good, could the prob be the gem?
what all does the gem control?
the hatch release only works with key on, is this how it is supposed to be?
what does the color blue taste like?

thanks fellas
whitey

1989 lx 5.0 hatchback

#1) What's a mindgraine?
#2) Most foxbody power locks quit working, it's a very common problem....this would solve it.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-21842K/79-93-Ford-Mustang-Door-Lock-Actuator-Kit
#3) Are you a powerstroke guy? I've heard of a "gem" in powerstrokes, but never heard of it in our cars.

Doesn't sound like you have any major problems to me, just typical foxbody hiccups.

its like a migraine only worse jason lol.
the gem is the little box next to the steering column under the dash, i guess its like a bcm "body control module" in later model cars but im not sure what all it controls
nah no major probs just little annoying crap. actually this little car is pretty sweet man. im going to try and get some pics of her on here tomorrow.

whitey

its like a migraine only worse jason lol.
the gem is the little box next to the steering column under the dash, i guess its like a bcm "body control module" in later model cars but im not sure what all it controls
nah no major probs just little annoying crap. actually this little car is pretty sweet man. im going to try and get some pics of her on here tomorrow.

whitey

Haha I knew what ya meant just busting your boys a bit ;)

As far as the hatch release only working with the key on, I honestly can't remember. I had a fiberglass hatch put on mine and no longer have the ground for the button, so mine is key-unlock only.