Could Use a Little Support Right Now...

Been awhile since I posted,

Nothing new really done to the ride this summer.

Just got home. Worst night of my life. Ran into a pole, swerved off the road - no drunk driving, totally sober. My baby is sitting at the auto body shop, large amount of body damage, floors pushed up, door ruined, frame probably f**ked, right behind the front passenger tire, which is flat.

Definitley broke down and started f**king balling on the hood of my car telling her I was sorry. (I wasn't the one who was driving - I don't need a flame about that - was a good friend who was driving her/tuning her) I've got a truck right now from the guy til' everything is figured out. But hey, at least my 2000 dollar rims and tires aren't totally totalled right!!?? I actually think they're all in good shape! (sarcasm) Oh and all you SVO lovers, my mother f**king skirt popped right off, minimal damage! Side exhaust is still in perfect shape.

Anyways, called insurance - not sure if I'm going through them. My buddy offered to either fix it (the body shop its sitting at is a good friend of the guy, who actually came by to tell me he'd take care of her) or to actually throw me 15K (which I'm doubtful of but if so I will take the money). I know the KBB is probably like 5K, so totalling her is pointless and will ruin my insurance. Ideally I'd like to fix her, but if I get paid off enough money to buy a Cobra, I'm going that route. I really just don't know what else to do except to vent with my 94/95 boys. Had her since I was 18 man....f**king worst feeling. Anyways we'll see what happens Monday.

:(

• Sponsors (?)

:( sorry to hear man. atleast no one was seriously injured in the accident. itll take you a day or two before you start to actually think clearly again and can make decisions on what to do

As was stated, if you were in the hospital injured, the car would the last thing on your mind. So all is not bad.

But that still hurts like a mofo. However, in all the possible variables involved, many are not as intangible as they could be (friends, and friends of friends are working to take care of it). It sounds like it's going to be resolved, and that's what really matters.

Best of luck with it.

Yeah, thanks for the replies. It obviously COULD be worse.

I'm still in shock though. I expect the car to be in the parking spot tomorrow morning. I wish I had some painkillers to knock me out. I really don't see the shop telling me they can fix her - here's why:

- New front quarter panel
- New door
- Framework (?)
- New headlights
- Repaint the whole car
- New front bumper probably
- More frame work
- New seats, new center console, new mirror, new winshield, new winshield mounts, new windows, etc. etc.

After adding it all up in my head, I doubt its going to be worth it. But autotrader has NOTHING - I'd end up buying a 97 cobra or something. But I would definitley rip off my wheels, tires, side exhaust, and everything else before and transfer them over.

Anyways, I'm out, we shall see what goes down on Monday. Thanks fellas.

I felt the exact same waylast november. I got cut off and spun out in the rain into a ditch. It really sucked, cuz i didnt have collision, and the car was mint. In the end it worked out, since i sold it and upgraded to a cobra.

Just dont be impatient, and try to look at things logically. I'm glad to hear noone was seriously injured in the accident.

Cars can be replaced, people can't. :nice:

wow i just saw this. man that sucks. i have been there too, i had a beautiful blue 2001 GT vert that i had had for less than a year (9000 miles on it), and a 16 yr old girl turned across traffic right in front of me and i slammed into her. everyone walked away from it, but her insurance company totalled my car.

i was really bummed for a long time.