could use some help with a stang purchase

VPStang

Founding Member
Oct 1, 2002
bHAM, alabama
sorry for the double post--something was computer was jammin up

I've been looking for a 2004 GT. Problem is that so far everyone has been advertising around 19k. That seems quite high to me considering the 07 models are already out. I wanted an 04 under the presumption that they would come with the heads that didn't have the spark plug blowout problem.
After seeing what dealers are trying to get for them, I'm thinking I better start looking at 02's or 03's. My range is around $15K. What should I be looking at realistically guys. I don't want to waste my time chasing something that isn't gonna happen. I'm actually under a bit of a time constraint. I have to find a vehicle by thanksgiving weekend. I live in Birmingham, AL area. I could really use some help here....any advice is welcome.

thanks
-V

• Sponsors (?)

hmm, i dont think in 04 the head problem was magically fixed, around here you can get a damn 05 3V GT for like 19-20K, 19K for an 04 is BS. You need to shop around futher from where you live. A 2-3 hour drive is well worth a car
and you tried autotrader.com right? whats ur zipcode, ill look

though I've never gotten a definite answer, The dealer fix seems to be '04 heads. There may not be any weight behind this, since i never got a straight answer from any ford techs.

CobraRed_96_GT said:
hmm, i dont think in 04 the head problem was magically fixed, around here you can get a damn 05 3V GT for like 19-20K, 19K for an 04 is BS. You need to shop around futher from where you live. A 2-3 hour drive is well worth a car
and you tried autotrader.com right? whats ur zipcode, ill look