Coupe Conversion

• Sponsors (?)

2003BlackStang said:
how bad do you think that targa top will leak. And what do you mean a good relationship with a body shop? For install or after

If it's done right you won't have a problem with leaking.

By "good relationship" I mean a shop that you've worked with before on custom work or you have friends that highly recommend them. You should know that they do good work and that they will get it to you in a timely fashion and will stand behind what they do. A place that will give you a price break is a plus as well.

Phoenix00GT said:
If it's done right you won't have a problem with leaking.

By "good relationship" I mean a shop that you've worked with before on custom work or you have friends that highly recommend them. You should know that they do good work and that they will get it to you in a timely fashion and will stand behind what they do. A place that will give you a price break is a plus as well.

Put a targa top on your car and then have an accident. Car will fold in half. Bad idea. Convertibles have additional bracing to compensate for top down motoring. Coupes do not. Stay away form targa top.

Aftermarket sunroofs tend to leak and the cars tend to rust where the hole is cut. When I look for a car, if it has aftermarket sunroof (or OEM for that matter) I dismiss it no matter how nice the rest of the car is. Problems a plenty.