Couple New Engine Pics

94_302 said:
That is blinding, I was trying to see if there was anything else that could possibly be chromed under there. Maybe you could try to chrome the spark plug wires :D Anyways its always nice to see pic of your engine bay.
There are a couple things:

1. Polished Radiator cover and firewall cover (lots of $$)
2. Steel braided line to replace the red oil line on the Vortech.
3. Clean up those silver painted C/C plates. I tried a smal area, and I think it's "doable"

BTW..The track makes the car dirty! :notnice:

Joe man, what's up with your car? (PM me)

RC

• Sponsors (?)

Come on man, Im under the Impression that you baby that car and just look at it and whipe it w/ a diper, if your not going to take it to the track then at least dyno it. You cant build a car like that and then not know what its really got. Whats the fun of owning a Mustang if you dont drop the hammer every once in awhile?

I fully intend on finding out what my cars got after my build up is done.

Striped5.0 said:
Come on man, Im under the Impression that you baby that car and just look at it and whipe it w/ a diper, if your not going to take it to the track then at least dyno it. You cant build a car like that and then not know what its really got. Whats the fun of owning a Mustang if you dont drop the hammer every once in awhile?

I fully intend on finding out what my cars got after my build up is done.
he did dyno it

It wont work Zach
retard.gif

RC

Car was dynoed.
Only nights around here to run at the track are Friday and Wednesday, and the track is 90 minutes from here.

Friday I work till 7PM, Wed is Father/2 daughters night(dinner, church, Pinewood derby, etc)

I will one day. Vib did his the same time and only ran it once.

It's not that easy down here.

RC

It's easier than it is up here. I have to go to Iowa to go to a really nice track.
The closest track to me is 2.5 hours away in Wisconsin. I usually hit up an 1/8 track 2.5 hours away in northern Minnesota. I would love for the track to be only 90 minutes away! Hopefully they'll build a track in the Twin Cities one of these days.

Jake

I understand how Rob feels. Its pretty much his daily driver, he cant drop the hammer and blow a head gasket. Although sometimes you just have to do it. Like Rob was saying, I drove 90 min to the track waited about 2 or 3 hours just to make one damn run because so many people were there.Its not worth driving so long and get one lousy run in, especially when its your first. I enjoy mine every so often, but I dont have the financial backing to say " let me beat the hell out of this motor and if it goes ill build a 408".

But one day you have to take a sick day off, and go just for the hell of it.

str8stang036 said:
I understand how Rob feels. Its pretty much his daily driver, he cant drop the hammer and blow a head gasket. Although sometimes you just have to do it. . I enjoy mine every so often, but I dont have the financial backing to say " let me beat the hell out of this motor and if it goes ill build a 408".

But one day you have to take a sick day off, and go just for the hell of it.

I know what you guys mean , I plan on spending ALOT of money between last dec and this summer on mine and the last thing I want to do is break stuff on the car but just b/c you drop the hammer every now and then does not mean your beating on it or your going to break anything. I wouldent spend $3,000 on a supercharger and have people ask me how it pulls and not be able to give them an answer b/c I never take it past 4000 RPM's. Im not building my car to the point that its to nice to to expensive to not have fun w/ it anymore. Some people are fine w/ building trailor queens but its not my cup of tea

Striped5.0 said:
I was unaware that it had been dynoed..........what did it pull?
376747Dyno-Vortech.jpg

386/392...You can see they shut it off with the HP still climbing, but the AFR was 13.5 then and the car was pretty hot. :( . The TQ curve was nice.

couple things:

Before this stuff went on, car made 203/278.

This is with AODE, Stock heads and Stock cam..Still not too shabby!

I have since corrected the AFR and have not put it back on the dyno, but my guess is mid to high 360's since it feels like I lost about 20 or so by SOTP feel.

I have ugraded my cooling with lower fan on settings, cobra WPP, and new water pump, So I run cooler and the car feels better.

Before I Posted this, we were doing "dyno guesses" and I had some say 300 teens, and the highest guess was around 350 or so. All that considering, not too bad. I know I have zoomed around and passed easily an SRT4 (while he was trying to race and I was about 3/4 throttle) at in a distance of about 1/8 mile (650 ft), with my A/C on and one hand holding my Pollo Tropical Family Value Meal (I had a post on this). Im sure if the nerves didnt get to me on a track, I could hit mid 12's, since My car is AODE with TC/Shift Kit, and I wouldnt have to worry about shifts.

But you guys are right..I need to take the car to the track, but Jose is right too...It's my ONLY car and I cant afford to have it "down and out" because of useless banging on it.
RC

Attachments

• 376747Dyno-Vortech.jpg
    376747Dyno-Vortech.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 57
wow those are some good #'s...your running 10 PSI correct?

You have a tweecer (sp) if Im not mistaken so you could go back to the dyno and just program it so you have enough fuel in the upper RPM range where you started to run lean.

Those are some nice #'s, now I know what to aim for :D

94GTLaserRC I know I have zoomed around and passed easily an SRT4 (while he was trying to race and I was about 3/4 throttle) at in a distance of about 1/8 mile (650 ft) said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: I cant wait for that, Just waxing some Import/Ricer/Domestic ricer w/ out even trying.

" Oh Im sorry, you were trying to race I was to busy changing a CD and talking on my cell phone to even notice."