Couple Of Questions with shift light

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
ok i just bought a shift light this one to be exact (fallow link below) and i wanted to know if they are hard to install? also my friend bought one too but he has a 3.8 v6 2003 mustang anyone know if it would work?

the other question is i have a bran new alternator 130amp and it runs at 13.8v at idle is this good? i tested my friends alternator on his toyota tercel 1994 and it 14.3v at idle i think maybe his alt is upgraded more?
i have a 1992 lx mustang with gt40 heads h-pipe bbk headers cobra intake. could all the extra take power from my car? and when i turn my heater and defroster on my power hits 12.7 which seems to low for me. any ideas on this anyone?

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDet...=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=AUM&MfrPartNumber=3904

• Sponsors (?)

i forgot to add i have a cobra intake on my 5.0 it came with the car and it doesnt have a egr plate on the throttle body and i want to get a 70mm upgrade do i need to get a 70mm egr plate also or can i just put it on like my stock throttle body is now?

mat82284 said:
ok i just bought a shift light this one to be exact (fallow link below) and i wanted to know if they are hard to install? also my friend bought one too but he has a 3.8 v6 2003 mustang anyone know if it would work?

I just finished installing this Tach 10 min ago which has a shift light built into it also. it took me about 45 min to install. it's real easy, just 4 wires (red=keyed on, green=tach signal-or to tach plug on an MSD, white wire=lighting-such as too the headlight switch, black=ground.) Very simple

the other question is i have a bran new alternator 130amp and it runs at 13.8v at idle is this good? i tested my friends alternator on his toyota tercel 1994 and it 14.3v at idle i think maybe his alt is upgraded more?
i have a 1992 lx mustang with gt40 heads h-pipe bbk headers cobra intake. could all the extra take power from my car? and when i turn my heater and defroster on my power hits 12.7 which seems to low for me. any ideas on this anyone?

that is rather low for a 3G. my 3G runs at 14.6 when cold, then settles in at 14.4 with all acc on and under drive pullies. Might check to see how many amp's at an idle yours put's out. Mine puts out 90 amps at idle. yours *could* be less

Take care,
Scott

Attachments

• Ford Racing Tach.jpg
    Ford Racing Tach.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 93
mat82284 said:
ok thanks i have a 130amp alternator that i bought from kragen stock alt for a 96 mustang. also there did you mount your tach?

If your asking me where I mounted mine?. I mounted it on the side of the dash board. They do make a tach pod that also has spots for 2 extra guages which mount on the dash board goin across the pass side, but I already have a guage cage with 2 guages in it and a dual pod A pillar mount with 2 guages there, so i didn't need it.

Heres a pic where I mounted mine.

Take Care,
Scott

Attachments

• Dash Tach 1.gif
    Dash Tach 1.gif
    72.6 KB · Views: 117