couple questions on long tubes.

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
guys im still trying to decide on an exhaust set up. i made a mistake the first time, and i dont want to do it again. i was wondering about the volume of the slp long tubes and their shorty x with cats. i would mate this with the magnaflow catback to try to keep it quiet. i have a bassani o/r x pipe, and 40 series flows. would slp with magnaflows be quieter or louder?

also do i need to get a tune if i go with long tubes or do they bolt right in? i heard that some people get a rough idle or run rich after install.

• Sponsors (?)

ADRENLN said:
guys im still trying to decide on an exhaust set up. i made a mistake the first time, and i dont want to do it again. i was wondering about the volume of the slp long tubes and their shorty x with cats. i would mate this with the magnaflow catback to try to keep it quiet. i have a bassani o/r x pipe, and 40 series flows. would slp with magnaflows be quieter or louder?

also do i need to get a tune if i go with long tubes or do they bolt right in? i heard that some people get a rough idle or run rich after install.

I can't answer all your questions, but I can tell you that you should not need to get the tune with just the exhaust. I added an entire aftermarket exhaust using the items in my sig and there were no operating issues. I will say, though, that I get an occasional SES light due to the MIL's. I also find I'm getting the SES light *ONLY* when the wife uses the car! :scratch:

From what I can tell, she drives the car conservatively and gets an SES light, I beat the snot out of the car and don't get the SES light :shrug:

Anyway, hope this helps you somewhat.

DarkHorse164 said:
I can't answer all your questions, but I can tell you that you should not need to get the tune with just the exhaust. I added an entire aftermarket exhaust using the items in my sig and there were no operating issues. I will say, though, that I get an occasional SES light due to the MIL's. I also find I'm getting the SES light *ONLY* when the wife uses the car! :scratch:

From what I can tell, she drives the car conservatively and gets an SES light, I beat the snot out of the car and don't get the SES light :shrug:

Anyway, hope this helps you somewhat.
Women :rolleyes:

:p