Couple things I don't like about my Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

I just found the false bottom in the back cupholder. Suddenly all of my morning coffee problems have been alleviated. I don't mind the location too much now except when my wife gets into the car and sticks her water bottles in the front cup holder. I take it out and put it in her lap lol.

hahaha i do the same thing when my girlfriend puts her water there...and her cell phone...and her sunglasses...then covers the arm rest with her arm....its like, hey babe...can i shift please?

Spare tire access

Why in the world did Ford design the car so that you have to remove the entire lining over the trunk floor just to check the air pressure in the spare tire? It would be much better if you could lift just the section that covers the spare tire well. Do they really expect owners to remove all the contents from the trunk to check the air pressure monthly?

kooldawg6 said:
Here is a site SgtBeavis for the BMW seat belt holders. It seems Ford designed that seat belt for rear seat occupants rather then the front...lol. I don't recall having to contort myself that much just to get a hold of the belt in my '00 GT. Thanks shooterm1 for that upgrade tip!!!!!

http://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/inac3.html

Sweet! I'm ordering them. My girlfriend will love me forever as the seat belt really bugs her.

hethj7 said:
Sweet! I'm ordering them. My girlfriend will love me forever as the seat belt really bugs her.

Be warned that the rods that connect the two sides of the Belt Holder are not long enough to work with the Mustang's headrest.

they're about 1" short

I made the necessary new pieces using 1/4" Stainless Steel rods.

but I'm a machinist and do crap like this all the time ....

kooldawg6 said:
Here is a site SgtBeavis for the BMW seat belt holders. It seems Ford designed that seat belt for rear seat occupants rather then the front...lol. I don't recall having to contort myself that much just to get a hold of the belt in my '00 GT. Thanks shooterm1 for that upgrade tip!!!!!

http://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/inac3.html

I ran into two problems...

1). I ordered the parts off ebay, and it doesn't look like the spacing between the inserts matches my seats. Did you run into this? Maybe I need to make sure I re-order from the link you posted.

2). How in the heck do you get them on? I've got the tab pushed in and feel like I'm going to break the seat back before I get the headrests off? Any tricks?

shooterm1 said:
Be warned that the rods that connect the two sides of the Belt Holder are not long enough to work with the Mustang's headrest.

they're about 1" short

I made the necessary new pieces using 1/4" Stainless Steel rods.

but I'm a machinist and do crap like this all the time ....

Guess I shoud have read this post earlier :rlaugh:

Bigcat - Thanks for the tip on the headrests.

Dislikes:

The notorious cup holder (maybe its good for the mush boxex but not w/ a 5 spd)

Unpainted side mirrors

Coin Holder (where do I put my dimes)

speedometer and Tach need to be reversed (position sucks too, steering wheel really block your vision to the gauges)

Gas Cap needs to be functional in the rear (biggest peev)

Traction control sux

BlackSpirit said:
Dislikes:
Unpainted side mirrors

speedometer and Tach need to be reversed (position sucks too, steering wheel really block your vision to the gauges)

Gas Cap needs to be functional in the rear (biggest peev)

Gas Cap will NEVER change, we are in 2006.. not 1966 (safety comes first)
I too hate the unpainted mirrors,but like the aftermarket add on Covers

Many 05+ Stang owners dislike the Speedo/tach layout that much ?????????
"I Feel" the Tach should always be on the left side.
(Take your the same way ?)

I hated the price for months before I bought mine (August 31). I went around to local dealers trying to find one that wasn't a fully loaded, auto. I had decided I wanted a 5 speed manual (of course), either Tungsten Grey, Vista, or Windveil Blue, and maybe a Shaker 500. Wheels weren't an issue because I knew I'd probably mount aftermarkets anyway. I had decided on ordering one, but put it off again because of the price.
Then one day one of the local dealers (Dewey Ford) sent me an email informing of 0% financing for 72 months on '06's and older. Well the little devil on my shoulder (that is now constantly trying to get me to turn off the traction control
and stand on both pedals until tire smoke fills all three mirrors, at every light) said "You can afford that now, what are you waiting for". So the next day I called my insurance agent to get an idea what the monthly bill would be like, tacked on to $471 a month. Turns out that devil is either very quiet or good at making sure I don't get caught.
The next day I'm at the same dealer asking if I can use the X-Plan and still get 0%. The salesman said "Sure". So we rode around looking for '06's and older turns out they had four, a Torch Red '05, a Performance White and Windveil Blue '06 GT and an '06 Performance White V6 Pony. Well I immediately keyed in on the Windveil Blue GT(I've had white Mustangs and I still have a red
Mustang). Turns out it was fully loaded, auto. I thought to myself well I might as well drive it. The new auto shifts like a Lincoln when I'm cruising, and pulls to 6 grand when I'm playing. I once swore off the automatic transmission forever (my '90 was AOD when I bought it, installed a T5 ASAP).
So I guess my only dislike is that I eat steak alot less now, but I've been meaning to get the six-pack back, on my abs instead of over them, anyway.

Gripes?

Well, regret to say I only have a few.....

For one, I too have this rattle that I just can't place. The rest of the car seems very solid, almost TOO solid for a Mustang.....

I can't gripe about interior room because I came out of a Miata. This car is a flippin' minivan to me in terms of interior space...I used to have to get real creative on where I would put things, now I lose stuff!

I've noticed the Shaker 1000 doesn't like it when you pump up the volume for long. My amps are cutting power to the woofers whenever I get the urge to hear "Black Sunshine" at high volume. This may be a dealership-fix, I don't know....If it's common, someone please say so before I go yap to Ford about it.

I can't speak for the passenger seat but my son does say he can't see too well, but he's only 10 so I kind of expect it.

Ahh the car wash and those pesky water droplets...yes, Ford is famous for this. You must always keep a towel at the ready, especially with a black car.

Lastly, not enough time to enjoy driving it! This is a great car. Even non-enthusiast junkies like myself can appreciate how well Ford has done with this car.

has anyone noticed that there isn't a Ford oval present anywhere on this thing, inside or out? That's awesome. Ford clearly set this car apart as a brand, and say what you will about them, I think Ford does interiors better than almost anyone out there.

Other than more money/more power, the only gripe I can think of with my car would be the fact that I had to either repair and paint the fenders or spend $20 for different badges to replace the GT ones because they use alignment holes for them...thanks Ford...
fenderholes.jpg

driverside462.jpg

I have 2 "Ford" ovals in my car...although removeable...
Interior.jpg

Attachments

• fenderholes.jpg
    fenderholes.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 62
  • driverside462.jpg
    driverside462.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 62
Osiris said:
has anyone noticed that there isn't a Ford oval present anywhere on this thing, inside or out? That's awesome. Ford clearly set this car apart as a brand.
It's all part of the '60's retro. Early Fords and I mean early Fords had the script stamped right into the sheet metal. In the '60's the chrome block letter thing, was the rage. The oval badge came along much later, also retro of some of the earlier brand teatment.