Crane Spring Kit 44308-1 Questions!!

• Sponsors (?)

mike keirstead said:
Please help me
The springs and the retainer are the same just the keeper and the instruction list the color of the intake and exhaust, I had acces to a set of micrometers and checked installed height and mine were right on. Im planning on running the B303 cam and checked pressure at installed height and it was close enough. If you don't have access to any of these tools I would suggest letting a machine shop set you up or at least check heights and if theyre correct you can assemble yourself
Bill

Hey Mike, The heads I have are off the car at the moment, putting another engine together. It will be a day or two until I can get to them and Measure stuff again and let you know. I had checked it with stock rockers .480 lift and had plenty of spring but this engine is going to use 1.7s. I;ll get back to you as soon as Ican
Bill

Mike... I miss lead you!! The installed height on the 40s and the E7s is 1.800, how ever, you CAN change that two ways... machine the valve spring seat OR.. ( and what they did) use an offset retainer and keeper!! Those spring will install at the 1.95 height and your rocking!! Just drop them in!! no machine work needed!! cool?? However like Bill said... pay attention to the keepers!!!! hey Bill, cold to day in OP... whats it like up there in Yulee ?? LOL They still racing on Hwy 1A ??

Just me...........................

Thumper

Hey Mike Just looked at the heads and its kind of like Thumper was saying, the retainers are different and allow the spring the have a higher installed height. Measure mine and the intake is right on 1.94 and I found the exhaust was at 1.96. I'll have to get my book out again and check I might have to shim teh exhaust. I'm prob going to let Thumper do a valve job to them while their off and he can make sure the height is right. But to answer your original ? Yes the kit fits on there with no hassle and the retainer are made to allow a taller installed height. I also checked coil bind and you can run as much as 575 lift and have no prob with bind but I dont think you'ld have enough pressure. I hope this helps you out.
Bill