Progress Thread Crank Shaft After Market ?

SF Lex

Advanced Member
Mar 8, 2016
CoCo County, California
I thought i'd ask you guys the experts if this is possible.

When i got my transmission rebuilt a few months ago, they manager of the shop told me that my car had a really great shift kit, and that it had an after market Crank Shaft. He said that is definitely not stock. He could not tell what type if was.

My question is, " Is there a way to tell what type of crank shaft is in the car engine ? "

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I thought i'd ask you guys the experts if this is possible.

When i got my transmission rebuilt a few months ago, they manager of the shop told me that my car had a really great shift kit, and that it had an after market Crank Shaft. He said that is definitely not stock. He could not tell what type if was.

My question is, " Is there a way to tell what type of crank shaft is in the car engine ? "

Thanks.
I'd imagine that a guy that sees the ass on a bunch of SBF engines may notice that the crank looks different once in a while based solely on the tail end . But I don't think that's necessarily a tell tale that you have a non-stock unit.
If you know for a fact that your engine is stroked (i.e. 327,331,347) then an aftermarket crank is part of the deal. But if your engine is stock (and I just cant believe that the P.O. would omit the fact that the engine is "larger than"), the chances that the crank is anything other than stock are pretty minimal.

But strange things happen though. Maybe ol' dude broke a crank sometime in the past, and decided that he wasn't gonna go through that ever again.

W/o having the crank visible though in your case, I'd say that no, there isn't a way to determine whether it is anything other than stock.

Reactions: 1 user