crappy track=horrible track times

95WhiteVenom

Founding Member
Oct 27, 2002
Alabama
Well since all the gremlins got worked out I decided to go to the track. It was the only one near that was open. Its known for being bad but I ain't been in two yeats so I figured it may have gotten better boy was I wrong.

Mind you that the only thing anywhere close is all 1/8 miles tracks

1st run
2.299-60' (spun bad off line leaving at 3k)
9.335-1/8 mile (shifting easy trying not to kill the t-5 on stock shifter lol)
83.025 mph

2nd run
2.288-60' (bogged then spun as soon as I got in the throttle and spun in 2nd)
9.330-1/8 mile (still shifting easy and shifted out of 2nd at 6k opps)
83.229 mph

Anyone have a clue as to what I should be running with those speeds in the 1/8?

• Sponsors (?)

With drag radials, I ran 8.49 @ 83 a couple weeks ago. However, it was only my third run EVER, so I'm sure I can do better. My 60' was 1.79.

Also, next time I'm disconnecting my sway bar, play with tire pressure a little, run space saver spares up front, and maybe ice the intake. I didn't do any of this because I was trying to get used to running it down the track first.

Tommy I certainly would but god dang dude your freaking three hours away man!
I got to work all weekend or I would try to come. Next time I do get off of work on a weekend i'll give you a holla. I got vacation next week but I'll be out on the boat drinking for three days straight.

I appreciate the invite. I would love to try those DR's but for real you would prolly have to let me stay down there a few days cause I would make you install new axles if I broke mine. LOL

That is true I just don't wanna fork out the cash. lol

I think I'll be investing in some draglite's for the Rear. Tommy do you or John know what backspacing its gonna take to clear those rear brakes cause I've heard that 15X8 Welds that will fit a GT won't a Cobra.

hmm not 100% sure but 99% sure you would be cool with 5.5" with an 8 inch wheel. for a really cheap wheel setup look into some 15x7 ranger wheels and 26x8.5 et drags. the ranger wheels actually look pretty good :D

You are just spinning too much. Once you hook up, you will do fine. I am in the same boat as you. I don't want to take my car to the track because I will be taking it easy on my T-5 cause I don't want to shell out the money or have to get another one yet. So I am going to wait for the track until I get my new trans. Good luck.

with 15x10 welds you are going to want a 6.5" backspacing. you will want 26x10 et streets. you really wont need them, they will be somewhat of overkill for your stockish set up. the 26x8.5 et drags will be plenty

thanks John for the info.
I guess after i move and get settled into the new apt. I'll have to start working on getting some traction for this car.

Also a question if i can get into the low 8's with slicks only thing I have left is headers before i do any more motor work. Would it be possible to score a 7 second pass on stock heads intake and cam,... if so I wont touch the motor till I do it.

im going to have to say no. maybe with some shorties, slicks, skinnies, more gear, 3300lb race weight and some tuning along with good weather. oh yeah and mo****ing driver skillz like whoah

edit: you are going to really have to cut a 60'. with a good susp and 3300lbs at our power levels, you should be able to cut a low 1.6. that with some baddass driving could do it. i think you would need 4.10s and bang the limiter(or around 6100) through the traps. im sure there is someone out there that has done it with a gt40 combo.

on my 12.9 pass i went 8.24. that .25 is bitch to make up