crashed :( possible part out....

dupont

Aug 27, 2012
i was driving and hit a patch of ice, slid into a ditch and took down a tree with me! Im just happy that no one got hurt. I used a friends AAA so free tow, and told the cop not to do an accident report. so considering the circumstance, i was pretty lucky. What sucks was that i dont have collision so no insurance money for me! Im no mechanic, but my neighbor is and hes going to take a look at it one of these days. Either ill fix it, or part it out, depending on what he says. Also, i have no idea how to post pics?

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry about your luck but count your blessings that you are still here man. Try and remember this. You can always fix or replace a car. Have someone you trust look it over and give you an assessment as to how much it will cost to repair and then make your decision if it is worth it. Parts are cheap and you can pick up bumpers, fenders, k members, suspension, etc. from the junkyard. It is all going to depend on how bad the damage is. My opinion is that a badly wrecked car rarely drives the same and never resells for the same.

For the pictures, sign up for a free photobucket account and upload the pictures to there and then click on the "insert image" icon and copy/paste the url. Take as many pictures as you can and post them from all angles and sides. If you part it out, there will probably be buyers for parts if they are in demand.

267.jpg
crash_zpsd006d64a.jpg

Attachments

• 267.jpg
    267.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 61
  • crash_zpsd006d64a.jpg
    crash_zpsd006d64a.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 50
Pop the hood, clear the brush out of the way and take some more pictures. Looks like it was a very clean car, and depending on damages, hopefully to see in some new pictures, could be rebuilt. Take shots of the radiator support, the inner passenger fender and strut tower, and the outer passenger fender so we can get a better understanding of the damages. I debated this stuff myself six months ago with my late '91, but given that it was a 2.3 and the trans/engine mounts got pushed back, I let her go to help some one else restore a fox (hopefully). Sorry for your loss, and I am glad that nobody got hurt!

Buy another before you touch it. Keep it until you have everything you want off of it, and keep everything you can pull off. I know I wish I had a parts car every time I turn around. I could use some parts too, once you get ironed out what you are doing.

Buy another before you touch it. Keep it until you have everything you want off of it, and keep everything you can pull off. I know I wish I had a parts car every time I turn around. I could use some parts too, once you get ironed out what you are doing.
this !!! 110 percent right after my car was Gone I was wishing I still had it or something I sold for little crap