Engine Crate Motor Recommendations - 65 289 Auto

thibble

Mar 7, 2015
Did some searching and the crate motor threads are several years old. I'm going to pull my original numbers matching 289-2v 6bolt out and store it.

This is going to be a street weekend driver for us old folks, way past the tire melting days. Want a direct bolt in that looks close to original but not show correct, don't care about judged shows.....closest to a show we'll ever do is a cruise-in.

Can't tell from reading what is good at any of the usual places, and haven't figured out Ford's site well enough to even tell if they sell a 302 roller long block that will work with my 65 intake, exhaust, etc.

Looking for recommendations. I'm not looking for cheapest, or a high HP setup, but a well mannered street motor that'll be happy with my stock c4.

Thanks!

-Eric

• Sponsors (?)

U don't want pics.....I've just about finished the interior, left front suspension/steering 60% done.....the rest of the car looks like it sat in a field for 15 years where my father in law parked it (he bought it new). I'll take pics of the ugliness after all the mechanical restoration is done, before it goes in for body and paint.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429576045.152967.jpg

This works out pretty good. It's the crate 306 (all the specs on line such as E cam, heads, etc) with EFI. Sounds really good but not obnoxious. Goes when you need it to. Warranty.