crazy knock

68firebirdguy

Sep 27, 2011
ok, so a little history on the car. I bought a 94 mustang v6 at an estate auction a while ago. the guy died and used to fix cars so a bunch were for sale. i scored mine for $800 and i was a happy camper with my new car. it needed some minor work and paint but easily fixable.

so about a month ago it wouldnt start, just crank...so i looked here and did some searching and replaced the ignition control module, yay 200 bucks spent already haha. but it worked and no problems, been driving it ever since.

until a few days ago i was coming back home from a date and about 2 blocks away from my house it just randomly shuts off on the highway like it ran out of gas. i had plenty of gas so i had my dad tow it to his house and there it sat. if i tried to start it, it would just crank. fuel pump didnt work either, wth? lol

did some more searching on the forum and found my #18 fuse blew so i got no spark or fuel. replaced it everything is good, it now starts.

Here's the big problem now...it has a knock on the top end of the motor which hopefully is the lifters and not the bearings down under. it's a different kind of tone than a bearing...kinda like a machine gun at the top of the engine. i did an oil change about 1 month prior so it has a new filter and everything. i think the pump died on me and the car blew the fuse. the car odometer says 193,xxx but it no longer works so idk how many are on the engine if it's even the original motor but it ran fine before minus the small miss it had.

so since this is the first mustang ive had and don't know as much about ford engines as gm can i get some of your guys' opinions? thanks

(yeah sorry about the length...just wanna be detailed)

• Sponsors (?)