Crazy O2 Problems

GA_StangGT

Sep 17, 2007
Commerce, GA
Not to long ago my 03 GT, low mileage, threw a code and the engine light came on. I checked it with my Diablo and it was the Bank 2 Senor 1 O2. I went out and bought a replacement senor and had a trusted mechanic replace it. It was a very short time later that I got another code. This time it was for Bank 1 Sensor 1. Again, I had it replaced. Tonight I decided to go out for a drive. I let the car warm up a few minutes then proceded to drive with light throttle, as I normally do, until the car gets warm. About 2 miles down the road, guess what an engine light. I turned around and went back and hooked up my Diablo. This time it's Bank 2 Senor 1.

I reset all the errors and hit the road again. The car ran fine and pulled like a raped ape.

I was think that because the car had next to no miles after the part was installed that maybe something was still hanging around in the computer? Should I leave my battery disconnected over night.

This is really frustrating because I was just about to order some parts for more mods.

Thanks for your help.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I've got Bassani with high flows.

I was thinking it's the high flows...so last night I turned on the MIL in my tune. It hasn't been driven more than 15 miles so far. But, I'm about to go over to the track and watch the races, we'll see how it does on the drive to and from.

And yes, I did clear the codes with the tuner.