Crazy Rack and Pinion Problem!!

DEFWISH

Feb 25, 2006
Wichita, Ks
Okay so last night i drove out to my mother's house and it must have been about 20 degrees out. Everything was fine. I parked for a couple hours and when i went out and started the car = no steering and fluid everywhere :( so today i inspect it and the fitting on the feed line where it goes into the rack was connected to the hose but not the rack. almost like it had been unscrewed. I tried to thread it back in but no dice. The threads on the rack are like tapered out like the fitting blew out of there. i cleaned the threads and put new teflon and tried 100 more times. Time for a new rack? If so what else should i change while im at it? and is there anything i could upgrade steering wise. Any help or opinions are appreciated. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I got it from oreileys! spr-zm. the threads were gone completely somehow. ?? i've never messed with that rack before. It swapped in very smoothly! just had to goto the hardware store and get a different size fitting. but i Had to get an alignment done afterward. it was alot easier than expected.