Cruise Control And Diff Gears

Grub281

Jun 12, 2016
Hi guys, I'm in Australia and have finally got myself one of your Mustangs!
It's a 2005 GT Auto with all the Saleen upgrades and 20 inch rims.
I want to change the diff gears from 3.31 to 3.73 and my question is will my cruise control still work. I have been told it won't work anymore with more than a 10% change.
I'm sure someone over there in America will have the answer for me.
Any help regarding the cruise control functuality after diff gear change is much appreciated

Thanks Grub281

• Sponsors (?)

Well, if you're going to change diff gears in an automatic you need to re-flash the PCM because the shift points and speedometer will not be accurate. I've never heard of cruise not working due to gear change but anything can be sorted with a re-flash. Being in Australia I would assume there are plenty of HP licensed tuner out there being they're based next door in New Zealand. We hear in the U.S. use mostly SCT it is a hand held unit that allows for minor re-tuning when adding intakes, changing gears etc...

Thx for the reply SpartaPerformance. The reason I asked the question is that on the CJ Pony website on the bottom of the page where you buy the diff gears it says the cruise will not work anymore. I can get one of the SCT tuners over here, might be worth getting. Thanks again.