Cruise control won't turn on after clutch swap?

Mr_Q

Founding Member
Nov 5, 2002
Burbank, CA
So I want to arm myself with some knowledge before I take my car BACK to the shop that did my full clutch swap. Is this something they forgot to plug back in? Or is it an adjustment to the clutch position sensor?

My CC will not turn on; dead-as-dead. I've also noticed *sometimes* the car falters on start-up when I press the clutch in. Like I have to press it "a little further." But really it doesn't move any further, just the increased pressure of my foot makes it "catch."

• Sponsors (?)

So I want to arm myself with some knowledge before I take my car BACK to the shop that did my full clutch swap. Is this something they forgot to plug back in? Or is it an adjustment to the clutch position sensor?

My CC will not turn on; dead-as-dead. I've also noticed *sometimes* the car falters on start-up when I press the clutch in. Like I have to press it "a little further." But really it doesn't move any further, just the increased pressure of my foot makes it "catch."

Hmm, I'm not a tech so I couldn't speculate on why cruise control won't engage now, but was this at a Ford dealer? If so, let me know and I'll assist.

Best of luck!

~Natasha

I've done some research and there's a chance it might just be a simple blown fuse. If they didn't power down the car before removing the transmission it can happen. Thanks for the reply, and sadly no it was not Ford. It was a shop suggested by a friend.

40830-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Hyper-Monkey-Character-Holding-A-Monkey-Wrench.jpg

Attachments

• 40830-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Hyper-Monkey-Character-Holding-A-Monkey-Wrench.jpg
    40830-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Hyper-Monkey-Character-Holding-A-Monkey-Wrench.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 183

Wow, I am so glad I lobbied for the post count to be turned back on when I was on staff...

Tim, Mike if you read this, I thought that we would have less meaningless posts in tech with the post count active in all forums..

I was wrong.

Anyway.

I may be wrong since I am only a grease monkey but I will give it shot.. they either left the clutch deactivation switch disconnected, or you have a open on the white wire going to the switch.

Attachments

• 40830-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Hyper-Monkey-Character-Holding-A-Monkey-Wrench.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 163
Wow, I am so glad I lobbied for the post count to be turned back on when I was on staff...

Tim, Mike if you read this, I thought that we would have less meaningless posts in tech with the post count active in all forums..

I was wrong.

Anyway.

I may be wrong since I am only a grease monkey but I will give it shot.. they either left the clutch deactivation switch open, or you have a open on the white wire going to the switch.

Yep... it's all about you. :O_o:

Well I gave sound tech advice that may be correct and help him with his problem. What did your post in this thread do other than increase your post count?

Actually, my post was in reference to the hack mechanic that didn't complete the work correctly on the OPs car. So, call it an attempt at humorous support of the OP. Sorry you didn't like it. As far as post counts go... It really makes no difference to me. Why would it? I could change it to whatever random number that strikes my fancy before you could finish reading the post. :shrug: