Current market price for a S197 GT?

Fast94Cobra

Jan 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
After 3 years I'm ready to get rid of my Explorer and get a stang again so i can mod and take it to the track every once in awhile. Most likely I would be looking at a 2006-2007 GT, five speed, stock or with mild mods, and I'd like to have less than 30-40k miles. What do you think is a fair market price for a car like that given the state of the market? Thanks everyone!

• Sponsors (?)

After 3 years I'm ready to get rid of my Explorer and get a stang again so i can mod and take it to the track every once in awhile. Most likely I would be looking at a 2006-2007 GT, five speed, stock or with mild mods, and I'd like to have less than 30-40k miles. What do you think is a fair market price for a car like that given the state of the market? Thanks everyone!

$14K to $17K, depending on condition & miles.

I wouldn't pay more than $15k. The economy sucks, and there's a new Mustang about to hit the showrooms (even if it doesn't look quite as good IMO). Then there's the Camaro... I think you'll see the price on the 2005 - 2009 cars come down quickly this year.

If it helps, I've gotten 3 trade-in values in the past month on my 2008 with 11k miles. They've been $16k, $16.5k, and $17k. Everytime I go somewhere, it increases by $500, so I'm thinking I'll visit 10 more dealerships and walk away with a killing!