Current project log on the Stereo Integrity Cobra

KWIK9550

Founding Member
Jun 14, 1999
SOUTH BEND, IN
Let's start with the Omnifi. I think many have seen it, but here goes.

I started with this.
10002198pn.jpg

And finished with this.
10002222ql.jpg

Perfect routing of the cable. This necessitated desoldering the wires inside the circuit board, but it was only 5 simple wires and they were spaced far enough apart for my iron to get them.
10002237sd.jpg

Some finished pics.
Now you see it.
10002267kc.jpg

Now you don't.
10002276yh.jpg

Passenger side for comparison.
10002258ap.jpg

More.
10003471mx.jpg

10003486wi.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Here you can see the RCAs nicely routed away from any power wire.
10003505vl.jpg

Can you see them?

Beginnings of the sub enclosure/amprack.
All the Spectrum is dried.
10002283ez.jpg

Everything taped up and the frame is halfway done.
10003439iv.jpg

10003441nu.jpg

My slick custom mount for the fuse holder.
10003451gu.jpg

Turned out very well and allows for access to the battery hold down mounting bolt incase of an emergency.

Fuse holder installed.
10003464to.jpg

And the glassing began tonight. I am having a love/hate relationship with FG. I'm sure you all can relate. The sanding will be even more intensive. Damn. I am beginning to think I should give up on car audio. Anyways was feeling good after sniffing resin for hours.

10003550vl.jpg

There's four layers of mat there. Will follow with a couple more, pull it out, fill in any gaps, then finish off with cloth and a special interior concoction of my own. No resonances for me.

Here's some random ones.

Hmm, where might these go?
10003567gt.jpg

Wanna play?
10003571em.jpg

Infinity02Zinc said:
If you're Nick, then hurry up on the new D2's. I'll run a single Magnum D2 15 in my '06 if they are available when I get the car.

I'm not Nick, but I am a rep. If you frequent any of the audio boards, you may notice me as Tirefryr. That's my name everywhere else.

As for the drivers, they are not ready yet, but they are being built. We are running a sort of pre-order sale next week for 2 weeks only. The new drivers are simply amazing. My custom Claw goes in next week for all it's new stuff. I can't wait.

Thanks for the compliments too! New wheels and tires are on the way.

Nice install so far...too bad the car is gonna smell like fiberglass for months! I hate that smell and my car was full of it when I did my fiberglass enclosure in the trunk, so I am sure that has to smell even worse.

KWIK9550 said:
I'm not Nick, but I am a rep. If you frequent any of the audio boards, you may notice me as Tirefryr. That's my name everywhere else.

As for the drivers, they are not ready yet, but they are being built. We are running a sort of pre-order sale next week for 2 weeks only. The new drivers are simply amazing. My custom Claw goes in next week for all it's new stuff. I can't wait.

Thanks for the compliments too! New wheels and tires are on the way.

Yep. SoundIllusion junky :nice: I've PM'd you in the past. I'm Infinity on most boards, and I live just down south of you. I'm looking forward to the new drivers, and I feel it's a shame that the components were tossed aside. If they came out anywhere near the quality of the subs, they would be SWEET!

MyEarsHurt said:
Nice install so far...too bad the car is gonna smell like fiberglass for months! I hate that smell and my car was full of it when I did my fiberglass enclosure in the trunk, so I am sure that has to smell even worse.

Nah, the intial layer was cured in an hour. Pulled it out after that. No residual smell what-so-ever. Done this many times so now I know how to control it.

Infinity02Zinc said:
Yep. SoundIllusion junky I've PM'd you in the past. I'm Infinity on most boards, and I live just down south of you. I'm looking forward to the new drivers, and I feel it's a shame that the components were tossed aside. If they came out anywhere near the quality of the subs, they would be SWEET!

After the theft, Nick decided it just wasn't a good venture. I'm sure he will start expansion once the dealer network gets established. It's been hell just tryin to get new drivers out. The original plans would have had the drivers out last October/November, but a certain company who moved most buildhouse practices to Chile (figure that one out :nice: ), kept dropping the ball. Nick finally got fed up and went with another buildhouse. You can pretty much tell who that is by the finish on the motors. :D Then all the custom tooling and new one-off pieces took quite a while to design. All-in-all it's a much improved driver compared to the previous model. Nick said he finally has the driver doing EXACTLY what he intended it to do.

Philstang said:
any updates here ???

Progress has been slow. I keep changing my mind here. This was originall supposed to be a simple stealth/budget install. I think I've pretty much thrown that out the window. It won't be too extravagant, but there will be a little hint of showiness.

iskwezm said:
I like the work on the box.One question,all the time you spent on it,why didnt you just re wrap the visor so there isnt a gap at the bottom? :shrug:
Gap? Are you talking about below the faceplate of the controller? If so, I did that simply so I can reinstall the mirror and return it to factory if the need ever arises.