Cuss it! Are c4 & c6 t-lines different?

electricgreen

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Western NY
Ok, so the C4 in Eleanor was slipping bad when we pulled it. We're sticking to the 302 for a motor, but were considering a c6 behind it for durablity (poss stroking motor later). We had previously bought stainless tranny lines about 2 years ago...so know I'm thinking if we switch to a c6, we're going to end up buying new lines, crossmember, and ?? (driveshaft? Are they the same?) And I'd rather put the $$ into getting this car into one driving, single colored piece!! I've been having a weird week and I just can't rack my brain right now to think of what we'd have to replace-so can ya'll help me and let me know??

• Sponsors (?)

From my experience long ago and what I remember going from FMX to C6 and then C4...

1) Had to redo cooling lines as they were different enough not to work.

2) Different drive shaft - C6 is longer

3) Cross member should work? - can't remember on mount

4) C6 was a waste of time and money - built C4 was just as strong, lighter and less parasitic loss

This was in a high revving 306 in a ’69 coupe.

My 2 cents...
-Stephen

Yeah, they are different, hit in different spots, not sure about the connectors.

C4's can be made stout, enough to take over 1000hp. Performance Automatic makes a Pro Street C4 (PA26110) that has a street/strip valve body that can take 750hp.