Custom Autosound Dual Voice Coil W/ Ac Dimensions?

other_shoe

May 4, 2007
With some trepidation, I ordered a Custom Autosound front speaker. The model purportedly for integral AC cars (C7AZ-18808-DVCA). What arrived from the vendor is a speaker with two things that concern me.

First, the glue affixing the mesh to the rest of the speaker bound itself to the cardboard in the packaging, causing some delamination in unboxing. It's a quality problem, but one I can solve with glue should I choose to keep the speaker.

Second and more troublingly, the speaker is taller/deeper than I would have guessed for an integral AC car. At present, I do not have any climate control in the car because I've just finished chasing cowl and windshield leaks and only drive the car in fair weather. Consequently, it would take a pretty big effort to make sure that the speaker would work with the AC box and ducting. Furthering my concern is that the speaker sitting on my desk right now has a different tweeter design than most of the pictures on the web featuring the AC model.

Does anyone know the correct dimensions for the speaker that fits 67-68 integral AC cars? I'd very much like to know what I'm supposed to have before I call the vendor and start asking questions.

Thanks much

• Sponsors (?)