Custom Fabrication??

GSXRMIXXER

Feb 13, 2006
i currently make custom pieces for cars with fiberglass and carbon fiber. mostly for BMW's. i havent messed around with my 88 stang because it is awaiting a tranny swap. what would you guys like to see made for our style stangs. maybe i can make something you guys are interested in and sell at wholesale cost to fellow members of the board. it would have to be the same body style as mine for the simple reasons i have a test car in my garage. (87-93) also the person with a decent suggestion will get the part at material cost.

• Sponsors (?)

that is awesome...there was a thread about a full carbon 95, but it was expensive as hell...

not sure what a bunch of us would really want tho

TTT

EDIT: Actually...while we are on the subject, and this has nothing to do with carbon or fiberglass, but i was trying to make brushed aluminum "5.0" badges, and i have looked at the eMachine Shop site, but to make these little things they want like $130 a set and i am wondering if anyone has any metal fabrication hookups?....

Here's what i was designing...it has a suttle curve, higher in the middle

View attachment 483155

-Adam

Yeah full carbon fiber would run alot!!! especially with the carbon fiber shortage worldwide. i can make even small parts like the trim around the window switch, gauge clusters, stuff like that. shoot me a idea and i can see what will work.

GSXRMIXXER said:
Yeah full carbon fiber would run alot!!! especially with the carbon fiber shortage worldwide. i can make even small parts like the trim around the window switch, gauge clusters, stuff like that. shoot me a idea and i can see what will work.

that would be a sinch. i could have those made in about 2 days.

Dash plates like this
finished87a.jpg

GSXRMIXXER said:
i currently make custom pieces for cars with fiberglass and carbon fiber. mostly for BMW's. i havent messed around with my 88 stang because it is awaiting a tranny swap. what would you guys like to see made for our style stangs. maybe i can make something you guys are interested in and sell at wholesale cost to fellow members of the board. it would have to be the same body style as mine for the simple reasons i have a test car in my garage. (87-93) also the person with a decent suggestion will get the part at material cost.
do you have any pix of what you have made before?

blake89stang said:
what about a brushed aluminum rear seat delete cover with "5.0 powered" in the middle???:shrug: but that might be a lil big but i think it would sell and look awesome.

i dont work with aluminum. just fiberglass and carbon fiber.

here is a picture of it before carbon is added. i cant show too many more because of competition is that related feild.

iwashmycar said:
ahh...sweet...if there was some type of splitter that would work good on a GT i'd definately be interested...the GT needs a little more on the front

let me see what i can come up with. were you thinking like a carbon fiber splitter similar to this but for a mustang ?