Cut and Dry T-5 questions

• Sponsors (?)

kiddiccarus said:
1. Anyone have one to sell cheap, or the parts off of Stingers checklist?
http://projecthp.ford23.com/howto.html
2. What is the torque and power difference between WC and non WC

3. Stinger, I printed the checklist off and the swap instructions, is there anything that is not on the list that I may need to do this on a 93 Lx?

I'm a little lazy to explain the Non WC and the WC but heres a link that may help ya :D

http://www.moderndriveline.com/Technical_Bits/t5_history.htm

That did help explain some things and I guess you cannot rebuild a non to make it into a WC after reading that. So, Basicaly this thig tells me that the NON WC T5 is great for a 2.3 N/A but the added power of the T3 you really need a WC T5 right.

kiddiccarus said:
That did help explain some things and I guess you cannot rebuild a non to make it into a WC after reading that. So, Basicaly this thig tells me that the NON WC T5 is great for a 2.3 N/A but the added power of the T3 you really need a WC T5 right.

Bingo :D Sorry I'm to tired and the PC glare is killing me. My son broke my glasses for the 4th time :rolleyes: I sware I need to buy those 2 for one deals at Wal Mart one of these days.

Good night :D

Question 2 is answered for me. Now can anyone answer #1 and only Stinger and those who have used this checklist can answer #3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Anyone have one to sell cheap, or the parts off of Stingers checklist?
http://projecthp.ford23.com/howto.html

3. Stinger, I printed the checklist off and the swap instructions, is there anything that is not on the list that I may need to do or buy for a 93 Lx?

#1. I'm a parts hoarder now since our cars are getting so old, but these are on ebay all the time.

#3. Yeah that's all you need. I used instructions identical to Stingers way back, nothing extra involved.

Ray III said:
the hell... the non WC is not "great" for ANY application, it works but you want a world class (85 1/2+)

Ok I might consider believing you, If you can explain to me exactly why that is and what your experience with the non WC T5s?

hey kiddiccarus
The green coupe is still running the original stock 4cyl 5spd 276k miles. 351w car also used the original 4cyl 5spd from that car with 156k miles. The 351w trans stayed amazingly smooth and never even whined, but only made three hard track passes. The trans in the green coupe will whine a little in first only if the fluid gets low and thats after about 60 track passes and more to come. If you're building a mustang, switch to 5spd before you do the turbo swap. N/A 2.3 are the easiest cars to learn to drive hard.

Stinger said:
Matter of fact, all turbofords before 86 (including damn near every SVO) uses the non-wc.

Only the 84 svo had the non WC trany. 85-86 had wc t5. But if you look at the #'s there were more 84s than the rest. I have beat on both wc and non WC trany in my 86 at 280hp neither had a problem holding together durring launch. The clutch well that is another story.

Well I am learning from Matt's many clutches and am thinkig of a spec for myself. I found a non Wc for 100 close so if I break it I am out $100 and in a Daily D, that wont see a whole lot of track time in the beginning I guess I can be a (Matt) Cheap Ass too.

$100??!!!! Hell with that..Those transmissions are crap!!

Where is that one??

:p
by the way I figured out what happened to my original "good" clutch disc. There's a plastic retainer that holds the disc together and it broke when the short cable broke. I'm planning to disassemble another good disc so I can get back the disc that worked so well already. Worth a shot and still won't cost me anything. Pics will be provided as long as someone will reduce them :D

IF YOU CAN DRIVE!!!!! and everything will be ok.
amanda's brother broke 10+ V8 and 4cyl transmissions and said neither were worth much. At the time his "Built V8 car" was running 9.4's at sumerduck:rlaugh:

he has since gone 8.9 and after which I pulled several cars when I sprayed it with the 50 shot and no boost and he thought it funny. :shrug: amazing how people "take it" differently.