Cutting stock fan shroud

How much can the stock fan shroud be cut down to add clearance for a supercharger pulley? I have a 3 core radiator and have already take off the fan dome but I still need about a 1/4 of an inch more clearance.

Thanks,
Jake

• Sponsors (?)

Just be real sure you dont have the hub of the fan blade coming close to the radiator (especially since we have that cliip holding the blade to the motor shaft - one of the dumber methods I've seen). Also remember (you fluid-dynamic guys can back me up) that the closer the blade is to the coil, the less CFM you have. In other words, the fan will not be as efficient as you shorten the fan-coil distance. That last part isnt a biggie but is worth mentioning.

The shroud is a thermo-plastic - good luck with the Dremel (it generates too much heat and goo; you end up with hot asphalt stuff shooting off onto your arms). You can use a small hacksaw (they make them with plastic frames for tight spaces).

I just use masking tape (and a ruler and silver sharpie as an alternative) for my cutting line. You'll have a rough edge when your done. I used a low speed sander on it and then slice vacuum line lenthwise and slid it over the cut edges.

Just one method there.
Good luck.