cylinder head question

Nov 29, 2004
I am looking at buying some new heads for my 2001 2v engine and am wondering how much of a difference the improved flow will make, for $1500 i can get heads that flow 215 intake and 182 exhaust @0.550 for $2000 i can get heads that flow 235 intake and 202 exhaust @0.550. Is the extra 20 cfm intake and 20 cfm exhaust worth the additional $500? If it is only going to add another 3-5 rwhp then its not really worth it imo. I am planning on staying n/a for the time being. The heads will be paired up with L/T headers and VT stage 2 cams. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks -Andy

• Sponsors (?)

if you are going to stay non aspirated, then the first option might be the best. you dont want to go too big staying non aspirated. although if your doing stage 2 cams, then you will benifit from bigger port then the first option.

my only problem on this question is i dont know how big is too big. :shrug: there becomes a point that non aspirated you will only need so big of a port.

just to give you an idea, my heads flow221 intake 193 exhaust. i gained 35 rwhp and 21rwtq with stage 1 blower cams. blower cams take away some power.

just trying to give you an idea.