D80E Heads worth Installing ???

lakefrontlivin

Nov 26, 2009
Found this for sale locally.. Wondering if they are worth putting on my 95 5.0 GT. Comes with crane 1.6 roller rockers for $300.. here is the posting..This is a pair of barely used since redone D80E mustang heads. The new gt-40' were based on this heads. They where completely redone with new bigger valves, new springs, honed and everything else about 6 months ago. Please let me know what you guys think?? Thanx, Tom

• Sponsors (?)

The D8 heads have a very low compression ratio due to a huge combustion chamber and smallish valves. I'd ask what size valves he installed in the heads.

If you were going with a supercharged setup it would be a good head to use, but N/A i would pass.

x2 These have the largest chambers in any sbf head,. I ported a set and gained about a half second over an identical stock set. Moving up to iron Gt 40s picked up a whole second, same cam, carb, etc.

Thanx guys for some of the information.. I'm leaning towards a set of aluminum heads now.. Any suggestions.. Not wanting to break the bank at this point.. Maybe $750 or so...
Tom

just cruise through ebay/internet sites etc . . .

A couple of years back I saw a pair of barely used aluminum windsor jr heads not sell for the reserve on ebay. I lived about an hour away from the guy so I messaged him and asked if I could see the heads in person.

Took em home for $700.