Daily Fox

Of course mine is (or will be one day:nonono:) a dd.

I will drive the living crap out of my blue car. And when I have the money, I will have a nice drivetrain in the 500hp/tq region.

I'll post pictures of my studded 275's for winter driving.:D

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Daily drove a 5sp 91 GT for 2 maybe 3 years. If it snowed I couldn't get it up my old driveway, other than that and the terrible gas mileage I used to love it. Wouldn't want to do it again, considering how long my commute is but someday I'll buy another bone stock fox car to cruise around in

Daily drove a 5sp 91 GT for 2 maybe 3 years. If it snowed I couldn't get it up my old driveway, other than that and the terrible gas mileage I used to love it. Wouldn't want to do it again, considering how long my commute is but someday I'll buy another bone stock fox car to cruise around in
Sheeiit my DD foxes did pretty well on mileage

I dd mine in the spring, summer, fall. I've had it a few years, and each year I put between 15,000 - 20,000 miles on it. The engine on mine is stock, and although I've thought about doing stuff to it, it's fairly reliable now, and I don't want to lose that.

I have been DD mine for the past 13 years, and put around 10,000 or so miles on it each year. It's paid off, so take the money that I would put into a car payment, and just put it into the car. In the past couple years, I have been slowly updating the car back to a more stockish feel, since we have to compete with the newer mustangs on the road nowdays.

Updated to 5 lug and 4-Wheel Disc Brakes (14" BOSS/Shelby front rotors and GT 10.5" backs)
Updated to 18" rims all the way around with 245/40/18 over the stock 15"
Updated to Yellow Koni's front and back for smoothness and adjustability
Updated to front coil-overs with 350lb springs as this helped make a smoother ride for sure
Updated the old 26 year old computer with a new MSPNP2 which opened the door of new options
Next on the list is 2015 Mustang black leather front seats getting rid of the old cheap eBay racing seats as those things are beyond uncomfortable

There is definitely a difference when you are building a car for DD service as the parts that you choose you really have to think about. It doesn't mean you cant add the "fun" parts to the car just because it is your DD. It just means you need to plan a little better for starting the project. I still am planning on a turbo with a 4R70W transmission tied to my new computer with a microsquirt.

I call it "updating"

Reactions: 1 users
I daily drove one of my foxes for a few years. It was always going sideways so I really didn't mind snow. :runaway:

I dialy mine right now. Work 5-6 days a week. Store, gym, etc.

It's a pain half the time, but the thumbs up from the random person help keep me going. Lol...

I drive mine around half time. They just put rust agent all over the roads, so it'll sit until a big rain washes most of it away. Mine isn't quite up to snuff, but I'll keep working at it. Heck of a lot more fun than my big-a truck.

There is definitely a difference when you are building a car for DD service as the parts that you choose you really have to think about. It doesn't mean you cant add the "fun" parts to the car just because it is your DD.

You also need to make sure you have all the parts on hand so that downtime is at a very minimum. I remember when I used to modify my DD's planning to do anywork on a Sat, so that I still had Sun in an emergency if I needed to get anything. Used to be stressful at times.

Same here too, I just take mine out on nice days and enjoy the heck out of it!

Same here. I'll wake up on a Sunday, hop in it, go grab a coffee and then come home.

I remember when I bought my fox a couple of years ago. For whatever reason, I got into DDing it because I sold my truck. Between the breaks and upgrades, I went through a 6-7 month period where every spare second was spent on the car to keep it on the road. Now, it's just every 3 seconds, haha.

My car, when running correctly, gets 18-21 MPG. I think an average week is 19 or so with sitting in traffic. I consider that acceptable mileage for a DD.

I have to laugh at hoopty's comment about spare time spent keeping the car on the road though. Mine was about an hour of work for every few driving, but has gotten a little better now. Still pretty high compared to just about anyone else on the road though. I'm also afraid to put a radio in it because every time I start to work on that something major happens.:bang:

Not sure I'd hear the radio no matter what, the exhaust isn't quiet. Reallocated the head unit I bought to my truck when the stock radio crapped out there.