Damper, and pulleys

Hey guys,
In the process of having my 408w built and I was curious, how do I know what pulleys, damper, and water pump to get. Its going in a 66 but if i go all late model pulleys will everything line up ok? The car only needs an alt and water pump Looking at getting an ATI balancer just not sure what to get.

• Sponsors (?)

you need to match the pulleys and water pump to the timing cover you are using and of course the brackets will need to match whatever steup you decide to use. since you are only going to be running an alternator i would just use an early model alternator bracket, pulleys and 3 bolt harmonic balancer and a timing cover with the timing pointer on the driver side and water pump outlet on the passenger side, of course the radiator will need a passenger side lower inlet as well. this will be the simplest setup to run. use a 69 351w alternator bracket and water pump and crank pulleys or an aluminum pulley set for this style setup.

check out www.deltabaymustang.com for the aluminum pulley set for this exact application

sorry, no. however since you are only running one belt you could just acquire the appropriate crank, WP and alternator pulleys and just use them with the stock WP, balancer and brackets. i gotta say, though, that since you are only only running the alternator you don't really need to step up to the serp. belt, unless you are just doing it for looks.

You can run an early 70's 302/351W bracket set with the 4 bolt damper and use V belts. On my 331, it's got a mid 80's timing cover (std rotation) Late 88 Crown Vic water pump (stock aluminum reman std rot.from Advance) Early 70's Damper, 3 groove crank pulley with the outer 2 pulleys machined off, 77 Comet waterpump pulley (it's 1/4"-1/2" larger in diameter than the crank pulley, so it's slightly under driven) Stock 70's alternator. I fabbed an aluminum alternator bracket from 3/8" aluminum and found spacers to make it fit the waterpump. Pics of it are in here; http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/baddad457/