Dang cold weather killed my balancer!

baglock1

The Bartender
Founding Member
Aug 25, 2001
Space Coast, FL
I checked the timing this morning and it was 22* base. Umm, wtf? So after some investigation... sure enough, the balancer had spun.

Oh well. I'm at 115k miles anyways so it was scheduled to die. I'm just annoyed that this is just more money I've dumped into the car (almost $6k in the last month).

Anyways, if you're still running on the stock balancer and you're in the middle of this cold spell, start saving your money...

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah...Dan's rich....:D

You've got nerve talking about the "cold" weather, too. We had a high of 29* today with winds in the 15-25 MPH range.

Thank you for reminding me to start my car though. It's been since August. I guess I should get around to it sometime...:rolleyes:

Sorry 'bout your luck though. I'd just buy an OE replacement since you won't be able to swap it over to your aluminum motor (whenever the time comes for that).

Joe

Rootus said:
Amazing :). When I got to $1000/month into the car (just for mods), I started looking for ways to cut back. $6k/month :hail2: :D :jester:.

Joes95GT said:
Yeah...Dan's rich....:D

Hardly. It's just that I spent all the mod money I've been saving over the past several months. If it were $6k each month... well I wouldn't be driving a Mustang. I'd have an SRT-10 out front... with twin turbos.

Joes95GT said:
You've got nerve talking about the "cold" weather, too. We had a high of 29* today with winds in the 15-25 MPH range.

Ugh. I feel for you brother. I'm a warm weather kind of guy. Born and raised in AZ. A year in TX, then FL. I like visiting cold weather, but not living in it.

Of course, we could always compare cold stories. One of mine involves -80* before you figure in the 145 mph wind chill. :eek:

Joes95GT said:
Thank you for reminding me to start my car though. It's been since August. I guess I should get around to it sometime...:rolleyes:

Tis the season for cracked blocks, Fa la la la la, la la la la

Joes95GT said:
Sorry 'bout your luck though. I'd just buy an OE replacement since you won't be able to swap it over to your aluminum motor (whenever the time comes for that).

That's what I had planned on doing but my buddy the race shop owner had a FMS SFI damper sitting on the shelf. It wasn't much more than an OEM replacement so I grabbed it. You're right though. No sense in wasting money on a damper that the new motor won't use. :shrug:

Crunked-A-Stang said:
LOL..everyone knows u cant run that much with boost. I seriuolsly think u are out of the loop.

I seriously think you don't understand sarcasm. You must have missed that day in English 101. Oh wait. Judging by your spelling and grammar usage, I think you missed that whole semester. Oh wait. You're banned.

I just re-read that thread Chris and Vib said that he "thought" it was a joke. I didn't think it ever got conclusively proven. Either way, you're right as he is long gone. But it is kinda fun to beat that dead horse every now and then. :)