Fox Dash Bezel Mounts

G00nies

Nov 7, 2014
So. Replacing. My cluster and the plastic dash bezel mounts , and pretty much all plastic molded receiver mounts are destroyed.
Frustrating. How do I remedy this?
Secondly.,,
Removed instrument cluster and the yellow speedometer cable plastic lock clip is destroyed. Help!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Sponsors (?)

Mine was messed up like that too, but I still had the pieces so I used a fiberglass repair kit to reenforce the area as well as glue it back together. So far so good... but I don't think it's a permanent fix and I need to look into a plastic welder.

Here's how I fixed it (I think).

I found a picture online of a dashboard with the mounts still in tact. This was my "guide" for what the dash should look like.

IMG_0008.PNG

The mount on the left side of my dash was almost completely gone.

IMG_0309.JPG

The mount on the right side was missing the middle section.

I used hard plastic (happened to be an old Radio Shack project box) that I had sitting around and used a dremel to replicate the missing or damaged pieces as best I could.

The metal clips are available from LMR. I got mine as part of the interior screw kit, not sure if they sell them individually. They are on the dash from the factory and are necessary if you want to be able to screw the the bezel down. The same kit also includes the correct bezel screws for these mounts. Again, not sure if they're available indivudually.

I used 3M 4475 Industrial Plastic Adhesive to glue the new mounts to the dash.

It seems to be rock solid. I had explored a bunch of options before going this route, including fiberglass, epoxy, JB Weld. I chose this way because I couldn't get anything to adhere to the plastic as well as this did. I hope it works in the long run--for now it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

Reactions: 1 user