Dash Blank Plate Switch

On my 2005 I don't have the my color dash which is fine, but where the switch buttons would be for it == to the left of the center power point plug is a 3 blank switch plate.

Does this big blank oval piece of goofy plastic bother anyone else?

My point being is there a replacement switch(s) I can pop in there? Has anyone retro-fitted something from another ford product into there? I'm thinking foglight switches, or something.........

Also can a Ford Edge climate controler be swapped into the mustang in lieu of the 3 rotary switches? It looks like it would work.

:rolleyes:
thanks, just asking.

• Sponsors (?)

How did you do it lightblade and french? Did you drill out the blank plate? Does anyone make blank buttons that fit, or look decent?

I can't believe someone has not addressed this in the aftermarket with a nitrous switch or foglights or something.........

thanks just looking for some cool mods to do. ,

Jack

Here ya go:
Oh and I also installed my raptor shift light where the 12v source is on the dash its blue too.
DSCF0402.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

I thought it might be the Pioneer. I have seen it for as little as $650 recently. Apparently it has been discontinued. There are mixed reviews about it. Some love it, some hate it.
I had thought about it. What are your experiences?

Is it possible to swap the TC and hazard buttons to the driver side and move the blanking plates to the passenger side? I've been wondering about that...

Yeah theres just a plug and those switch panels just snap in and out swo yes you could physical swap them however the plug from the wiring harness probably wont reach over to there in might. If not you might have to lengthen the wires.

The 90BT and all in the same line have been discontinued. Check Pioneer's web site and Crutchfield. I have been looking, believe me. Pioneer's site says new models coming with no specs. The $650 is for what was Pioneer's latest premier player. Crutchfield had it for that up until about a week ago and now says discontinued.
It and the whole family are the units that I have seen some very mixed reviews on. Slow boot time, poor Bluetooth, etc. That's why I was wondering what experience you had.

The 90BT and all in the same line have been discontinued. Check Pioneer's web site and Crutchfield. I have been looking, believe me. Pioneer's site says new models coming with no specs. The $650 is for what was Pioneer's latest premier player. Crutchfield had it for that up until about a week ago and now says discontinued.
It and the whole family are the units that I have seen some very mixed reviews on. Slow boot time, poor Bluetooth, etc. That's why I was wondering what experience you had.

Talking about head units... What do you guys think about Eclipse...? There is a 6620 model that sounds pretty awesome for the price. Would 15W RMS and 50W Max be OK to drive the factory speakers? Or does the Shaker 500 head unit push more?