Dash question

Aero

Founding Member
Jul 22, 2002
New Hampshire
So I have my new aluminum dash pieces that need to get installed in the car. (1967) I bought the parts a couple of years ago, they are the ones with the aluminum inserts already installed.

My question is, since I do not have the dash pieces that were in there before. how do you secure passenger side piece in place it doesnt have studs or holes for screws. Just some plastic guides for the holes.

• Sponsors (?)

So I have my new aluminum dash pieces that need to get installed in the car. (1967) I bought the parts a couple of years ago, they are the ones with the aluminum inserts already installed.

My question is, since I do not have the dash pieces that were in there before. how do you secure passenger side piece in place it doesnt have studs or holes for screws. Just some plastic guides for the holes.

The "guides" are posts for self-threading stamped steel nuts. Any Mustang shop, such as Glazier's, will stock these.

The "guides" are posts for self-threading stamped steel nuts. Any Mustang shop, such as Glazier's, will stock these.

Yup and they are a PITA to install :notnice: Remove the glovebox to give yourself plenty of room (even with it removed, there isn't much room behind there...). They thread on the posts easy enough when you have room, but getting a deep socket back there is challenging, but you will get it.

I'd advise installing the nuts one time on the workbench, to have threads already cut by the nuts when you go into the car, lots easier than cutting the new threads under the dash. I don't like to bleed on the carpet.

So I got the parts installed this little piece of advice from 2+2gt was awesome. Anyone installing new dash pieces into their 67 or 68 should do this to ease the frustration!

To clear up confusion I had at the begining this is what the nuts look like.

Pic of the nuts