Dash Rattle

GBB

Feb 7, 2014
I just picked up a slightly used 2011 Mustang V6 with 34K miles. The dash has a nasty rattle at almost all speeds and I need advise as to how to discover the location of the rattle and a suitable fix.

• Sponsors (?)

You're just going to have to listen first off to try to determine if it's high, low, from the left, right... once you know that maybe we can help out. Make sure there's not just something wackin' around in the glove box, first though, lol. Good Luck... post back with more info!

I found it. Perseverance pays off. It's odd, because as I was driving around, I was hammer and pushing on everything I could think of on the dash. Nothing stopped it. I grab the mirror to adjust it and the rattle stopped. I messed around with the mirror, trying everything to make it go away and nothing worked except touching the mirror. I pulled into my garage and put paper in every crack I could find on the mirror. Test drove it up and down my street four or five times. Still no luck stopping the rattle. Back in my garage, I was close to ripping the mirror off and I found the wiring for the electronics in the back of the mirror was not fully seated. Snapped it into place and voila, no more rattle.