dd 17s or 18s....?

venom97

Apr 29, 2003
Illinois
ive got a 91 coupe thats flat black at the moment and im ordering wheels as soon as i can make up my mind. lol ive decided on bullitts but cant decide on 17s or 18s. ive searched on here but still up in the air. these will just be the "cruising wheels" and will be black. what your opinion. i think the 18s would look bad a$$ but worried about the fronts rubbing. 17x9/17x10.5s or 18x9/18x10s?

• Sponsors (?)

I think 17's look so much better than 18's on foxes. But as far as bullitts go I've seen some pretty nice foxes with them in 18's. 17's do ride smoother though because of more tread inbetween the wheel and the ground, but we're Mustang guys, if we were going a smooth ride we'd probably be putting 12's on our cars! :rlaugh:

18's all day.. I'm running 18x9 in the front and 18x10 in the rear... other members are running these sizes too and it looks bad ass :nice:

got any pics?

I think 17's look so much better than 18's on foxes. But as far as bullitts go I've seen some pretty nice foxes with them in 18's. 17's do ride smoother though because of more tread inbetween the wheel and the ground, but we're Mustang guys, if we were going a smooth ride we'd probably be putting 12's on our cars! :rlaugh:

lol! i was planning on 17s but did see a couple coupes with 18 bullitts that made me drool. then my buddie says i have a set of 275/45/18s i can give ya for the rear! ....... which got me thinking even more. haha.

I want 18's for my new project, but I have soooo many 17" tires. FREE tires in 17's or spend 165-229 each for 18" tires depending on what brand. I don't know what I want to do.

18" tire prices NEED to come down. The rims are the same price. A tire size is a tire size, what's the big deal?

not to many, 25th. your just the guy i was thinking about talking to also. what springs are you running on your car,and tire sizes? im more worried about the front than the rear. i had an 89 coupe with 315s on 17x10.5s so i kinda have an idea for the rears but never ran a rim that big in the front. your car is sick by the way!

I run 255/35/18s in the front and 285/35/18s in the rear. If my car sat slightly higher it probably wouldn't rub, but where it sits now it rubs on the top of the front fender. Only when the car articulates that way or catches bumps.

The springs are Saleen springs. Thats more or less all I know about them, sadly. They are red, and were used when I got them.

got any pics?

Sure! I'm running the same tire size, and wheel size as 25th mustang. Only difference is i'm running Steeda springs which brings it down almost an inch. I have no front tire rub what so ever unless i am at full turn with the front wheel. Which i avoid, and i'm good! :)

203.jpg

001.jpg

017.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg

IMG_6492.jpg

^ drool! thanks guys,i think im going to go with the black bullitts 18x9s and 18x10s. a friend of mine has a set of 275/40/18 that are close to brand new that i could get dirt cheap. kind of smaller than i want but if theyll work i might pick them up too. i appreciate all the help!!!