Dead shocks/struts/springs?

I've been reading posts about shocks/struts and how they go bad around 60-70k. Do you think they (or some other suspension piece) could begin making weird creaking noises about this time? I've always had some odd sounds coming from the back of my car as I drive and have never been able to figure it out. Also, I think my parking brake lines are getting tense because my rear wheels sort of 'squeal' i guess you could say, as I start driving my car for the first few minutes, then the sound dissapears? :shrug: :shrug: :bang: Lots to do this summer!

• Sponsors (?)

Thats alot to look into. Shock, struts, springs, bushings. All those go at around 60k + (springs last longer) it also has something to do with what type of terrain you have around you, Where I live there is alot of hills and such plus city streets with all the constant stopping and going, speed bumps etc. I would bring it somewhere and have them look at it all over, front, back, brakes, lines, ...everything. This way you know what needs to get done and in what order. Alot of those things are simple and cheap fix.

The squeal when you first start driving could be slight rust on the rotors. It goes away after a few minutes because it gets scraped off. It's pretty common on cars that aren't driven on a regular basis, or at least, not every day. Even every other day is sometimes enough, depending on the environment you're in.