Deal or No Deal???

Deal or No Deal??? (UPDATED)

So hard to figure out if a deal is good or not these days... used car market is all over place, but clean, low mileage cars ARE somewhat hard to find.

Here's the particulars:

'05 GT 'vert... Torch red, black top, black leather interior, 5 speed manual. shaker 1000 stereo, 22,000 miles

Flawless condition... no scratches or dings anywhere. No rips/tears in top.

Only mods are painted rearview mirrors, Saleen style bar, & 20" chrome aftermarket wheels.

I think I can get it for around $16k...

(I think it's a pretty smokin deal... but need some reassurance)

Deal or no deal????

• Sponsors (?)

So hard to figure out if a deal is good or not these days... used car market is all over place, but clean, low mileage cars ARE somewhat hard to find.

Here's the particulars:

'05 GT 'vert... Torch red, black top, black leather interior, 5 speed manual. shaker 1000 stereo, 22,000 miles

Flawless condition... no scratches or dings anywhere. No rips/tears in top.

Only mods are painted rearview mirrors, Saleen style bar, & 20" chrome aftermarket wheels.

I think I can get it for around $16k...

(I think it's a pretty smokin deal... but need some reassurance)

Deal or no deal????

$16 grand, uh yea, buy it. That car would sell for $22+ up here in Portland, and we hardly even get any sun.

Well... we've struck a deal... should be taking delivery tomorrow... :D

here's a pic...

12774682575_266866556_IM1_03_565x421_A_565x377.jpg

Looks like a fun car. I think you got a good deal. I paid 15k for my gt with 20's and a few other mods done to it. A neighbor owned it and had babied it. Oh I bought it over a year ago. I am very happy with my car and I do like the shaker 1000 even though the radio is off so I can hear the exhaust. Post more pics when you get it.

yea, the wheels aren't everyone's taste, to be sure... but I've seen 'stangs with 20s that I really hated. At least these are a fairly clean style & I think the big, chunky wheels look good with this big, chunky body style. They were on the car when the previous owner bought it... think the dealership put 'em on. The 18" polished bullet rims would've been my #1 choice.

Was kinda glad it didn't have the hood scoop... my '01 always leaked water for hours after a bath.

I might've been able to negotiate a better deal, but didn't want to push my luck & lose another car... once I saw it, I kinda had my heart set on it. Is a good-enough deal, especially considering the condition & the mileage...

And the condition & the mileage are the main reasons I bought it... SO hard to find clean, low mileage cars out here. It'll just be a cruiser for me, & will spend most of its time in the garage next to the Cobra.

The '01 GT I had only ended up getting driven about 5000 miles per year, as it wasn't my daily driver... I anticipate this one will see about the same service.

Have been looking for over 6 months, so am glad to have found one that I like...