Deal with the Devil?

cjrpony

Jan 23, 2010
West Michigan
My wife and I were out running around today and we stopped at a Ford dealership to kick a few tires. We were looking at a row of Mustangs and she sees one she likes in Kona Blue.

Now she being a die hard University of Michigan fan, makes this offer:

You can get one IF you paint a big yellow M on on the hood.

I counter with just having yellow stripes on it like the helmet and she says stripes and the M.

I am not sure if she was serious or not:rolleyes:

Would you make that deal?

• Sponsors (?)

You could do that, since you live in MI. I live in Dayton, OH ("Buckeye's Country"), so it would be keyed and trashed in a week. ;)

btw- I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, so I'm not a MI fan OR an OH fan! :D

Don't paint it on, get someone to make you one from the same 3M vinyl they use for aftermarket stripe kits. Put it on the car when you buy it (but not well), then after a month or two, let it start peeling, and you'll have to take it back off. :(

Don't park it in bright sunlight, so the paint won't fade while it's on, and you're in there!

Yeah, it's devious, but she started it, right?

I took my 95 out for a ride today and one of the places I stopped was the dealership. They have a nice silver one in the showroom. It was after hours so I could not go in. Man is that car sharp!

The wife has pretty much gave me the green light to get what I want, so now the only "devil" is do I want to get into another big car payment. Right now all our cars are paid for.

So I have the devil on one shoulder saying "do it, it's only money" and the angel saying "you know the economy is still a little weak and you can do alot with 500-600 dollars a month"

I could buy a lot of toys for the 95 with that kind of cheese!

Well.........

In the end I didn't have to make the deal.

We went and bought a new Ingot Silver '11 GT with automatic. I have never had a new Mustang before! Closest I have had was 7 years old.

I think I may have rocks in my head for doing it, but it sure is nice:D

The thing that sealed the deal:

The wife did not demand I sell the 95! So I still have my toy! So I get the best of both worlds! Good thing too, because I would go bonkers without something to whench on!

Pics soon!

Thanks!

For the last year my job worked me like a rented mule (still is) so that put me in a position to allow this. We'll see how it goes. I don't know if I will keep the 95 long term, but if I sell it, it will be on my terms.

It may be a week or so before I get some good pics, the weather here is going to turn crappy for the next couple days. When it warms back up, I am going to have my son take some good photos and get them posted.

Took some pics yesterday

cjrpony-albums-2011-gt-premium-picture7303-101-8797.jpg

cjrpony-albums-2011-gt-premium-picture7307-101-8803.jpg

cjrpony-albums-2011-gt-premium-picture7305-101-8798.jpg