Decent hp gain?

tjmaxx

Jun 21, 2004
Im thinking about buying some BBK shorty headers, BBK 70mm throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum. I dont not have a handheld tuner and the only power mods I have now are offroad X-pipe, Mac catback, 9mm wires, fenderwall cai. How much Horse power do you think would be added to my 96 GT with the mods Im thinking of buying? I know the mods I have now probably only added 15hp or so. Are the rest of the mods worth doing if I dont have a tuner:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

im telling you, dont waste your money on shorty headers, 5.0 mustang mag had an article where they put a set on an 03 gt i think and it gained like 2hp from them...

Get Longtube headers and dont look back, you will be amazed at the difference in power and sound

I do want long tubes but I would like to keep my x-pipe I have one there now. Plus If I get these parts it will be for a partial trade for some rims I have now, so I do not have much of a choice.

Just do the PI swap and then worry about bolt ons after that. If not the heads at least the intake manifold and cams.

A non PI with full bolt ons probaly wont put out as much power as a stock PI would, hate to be the bubble burster... lol.

What are your plans? If u are planning a PI swap or blower those mods could help alot. If u go blower than port your non PI heads bc they flow the same as unported PI and you dont raise your compression, and those mods you are planning on buying will help. If you plan on the PI swap then go ahead and get better cams and shorty headers will help regardless.

If you plan on a PI swap or blower you will need a tuner and a dynotune.

Im not too sure on my plans right now:shrug: Would the shorty headers make my car louder or quieter? My exhaust is a 2 1/2 inch catless x-pipe, 2 1/2 mac catback, 3 1/2 ss tips.

Shorty headers are a WASTE even if they are FREE..Changed mine YEARS ago and netted a whole ZERO horsepower gain over the stockers(n/a days)..
Went longtubes and gained 15rwhp and about 20rwtq(give or take because it was YEARS ago i did this).

Also if you go longtubes the car will be QUIETER than it is now.I have put longtubes on both my cars and both got quieter.

The header swap is a tough one on these cars. If you go that route you want long tubes or don't do it at all. Listen to what everyone is saying. With the money it would cost to install headers you could slap gears on that dude and get a bigger bang for the buck.

The header swap is a tough one on these cars. If you go that route you want long tubes or don't do it at all. Listen to what everyone is saying. With the money it would cost to install headers you could slap gears on that dude and get a bigger bang for the buck.

I already have a 4.10 gear. The instal on the headers would probably be free for me. If the shorties will make it louder than I will probably get them:shrug: