Decided to try out some new '5.0' emblems [pics]

• Sponsors (?)

They look ok...but I'm more of a purist when I think of the 5.0 badge. Either use originals or go badgeless. It's kind of like buying generic sneakers that have a "similar" nike swish on them...it's just not right.
However - the rest of your car is major drool material!

***Just my opinion - so keep em if you like em***

I'm with MOB and Aaron. Thy are nice lookin in and of themselves, but I think they would look better on a 94-98 body. The fox's are so boxy, that anything with organic lines lines on em looks kind of out of place to me.I like the factory badges or none at all on the foxes. x's infinity on its you're car, so If you like em, thats all that matters.

At first glance, not sure they look right, but its your car and if they look good to you that is really all that matters!!! I debated about the running ponys' on my fenders, but came to the decision, they just belonged on a mustang. I'm sure someone out there thinks that they don't.

Looking good:nice:

Tonys89GT said:
Just about anything looks good on your car. WIth the tri-bars and the badges, its very unique.

This is true, looking at that second picture again, they are really smooth and so are the tribars, they are different and I think they look elegant with the tribars, keep them.

bigcat said:
looks like the newer RAM 1500 emblems.

bingo.....lol

thanks for all your comments. I appreciate all of em. Like i said i am still debating, and I agree that they may look waay better with a set of chrome wheels to tie em in. I will run them for a little while, and if they dont fall off first (the dot), i will decide. Here is a pic with stock ones. They were up way to high after some previous owner repainted.

View attachment 446910
View attachment 446912

also what you cant see is that i actually painted the edges of them black so they only the front is bling bling, and i am contemplating taking a little sand paper to the chrome to make it like a brushed look, or maybe a dull-coat.....any opinions on that??

iwashmycar said:
haha.....i havent ran into any yet, cept my neighbor, who has a 98 ram with them on it:eek:

and i got some 220 in the basement...might do

lol...

I've been using 220 grit to sand down my valve covers today for a repaint. It give a bit of a brushed look on the paint, but it's not a abrasive enough once you get to the bare metal. You'll just go blind from the bling.

IMG_0197-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0197-1.jpg
    IMG_0197-1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 38