Delivered!! BUT! got a problem though..

Oh and I should add this too. on the way to work i was going through a tunnel which is a 45 MPH zone, I tried holding it up to 40, but I'd just rev and not go anywhere. then, all of a sudden as I was easing up and practically let of the throttle, the d@mn thing red line and revved up to 7,000! dind't cut off or anything ( wasn't the rev limiter supposed to do something??? :shrug: :shrug:)

I wouldn't have drove to work if I knew that I wasn't gonna be able to at least flush out the tranny.

• Sponsors (?)

PNY PWR said:
I'd C4 it, cheaper than an AOD and better.

I wouldn't waste too much time or money on trying to get that tranny going. Usually isn't worth it.

Oh nad congrats on getting the Stang, hope you enjoy it :nice:

hmmm.... what would I be changing if I'd do that? u know?? Am i gonna Hve to cut the shaft, bellhousing?

thank! and I really am enjoying it, despite this issue. all i have to do is look at it, it's so nice..... at least to me it is :) :)

Michael Yount said:
If you're a mechanic by trade - you'll get it straightened out. Maybe trade a little time with one of your work-mates who does know transmissions.[/QUOTE

Oh how I wish we had one. not to sound arrogant, but I'm the only one who has Licenses and ASEs it that place( just lucky I went to school I guess), and most of the guys i work with are just there to collect their pay check.

Daggar said:
Well it sounds as if you've got a project car on your hands. I'd start by making a list of everything that sucks and go from there. If the car is as neglected as it seems to be (based on what you've said so far) then look real hard at the usual stuff after the obvious is fixed. Wiring, hoses, lines, all the stuff that you'd look for on a nose to tail tune up. Good luck with it. :)

yeah, ur right about it being neglected and all, I guess, i started doing what U just suggested i do, but not done yet though, thanks!!
:)

The 'spout' is a simple wiring disconnect that when removed disables the computer control of the timing. On the fox bodies it's located in the wiring harness that goes to the distributor module -- about 3" away from the distributor. You start the car and let it get completely up to operating temperature, hook up your timing light, pull the spout out (the idle speed will likely drop a litte) then check/set the timing where you want it. Once done, plug the spout back in. At idle the computer will add back somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-10 degrees more timing advance. You can check by leaving your light hooked up and by checking the timing once the spout is plugged back in. Mine jumps from about 16 btdc (where I set mine) to about 22 btdc at idle with the spout connected.